Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What does 'let's watch a movie at my house' mean? Watch

Hi guys!

I used to be in the same classes as this guy at school for 2 years, then we split for A levels and now i'm in year 13. We recently started talking again because I had to contact him about a school thing and we've been talking on and off for a month since.

We were talking about a movie that I hadn't seen and he said I need to see it, so we've arranged to see it at his house. I suggested mine but sarcastically dropped the hint that my family would be around because I thought it might be slightly awkward if my family are around for a first date/meetup because they would want to join in with the film...

He suggested his house because his parents are out in the evening. The alarm bells only started ringing when I accepted

Is this a hint at sex? I've only had one bf before and we were both each others firsts after 3 months of dating so I knew my ex wouldn't try anything. And because I haven't spoken to this guy in a while I can't tell if he'll try anything or not. I think not, but I don't want to be naive.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

(Sorry for the ultra long post)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi guys!

I used to be in the same classes as this guy at school for 2 years, then we split for A levels and now i'm in year 13. We recently started talking again because I had to contact him about a school thing and we've been talking on and off for a month since.

We were talking about a movie that I hadn't seen and he said I need to see it, so we've arranged to see it at his house. I suggested mine but sarcastically dropped the hint that my family would be around because I thought it might be slightly awkward if my family are around for a first date/meetup because they would want to join in with the film...

He suggested his house because his parents are out in the evening. The alarm bells only started ringing when I accepted

Is this a hint at sex? I've only had one bf before and we were both each others firsts after 3 months of dating so I knew my ex wouldn't try anything. And because I haven't spoken to this guy in a while I can't tell if he'll try anything or not. I think not, but I don't want to be naive.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

(Sorry for the ultra long post)
    Listen. In life don't be too nice. If you feel uncomfortable about anything, dont do it. Being too nice and innocent will get yourself hurt. Just text him you wanna see a movie in a cinema thats just came out. Or be honest say "the whole being alone on a first date is kinda - intense? awkward? too much!".

(Original post by javedkid123)
    Listen. In life don't be too nice. If you feel uncomfortable about anything, dont do it. Being too nice and innocent will get yourself hurt. Just text him you wanna see a movie in a cinema thats just came out. Or be honest say "the whole being alone on a first date is kinda - intense? awkward? too much!".
    That's very true - thanks for the advice! Do you have any suggestions of first dates that I could suggest instead of his house? Then I can see his response.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    That's very true - thanks for the advice! Do you have any suggestions of first dates that I could suggest instead of his house? Then I can see his response.
    I maybe the worst guy on TSR to ask. lol. When is your date with him at his "house"? Try to contact him soon. You don't want to text him 5 mins before saying "Let's go bowling !".

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I'm slightly old-fashioned but to me it would mean that I'd be expecting to watch a film. If one thing led onto another like it has done in the past I wouldn't complain but nor would I expect the night to go in that direction.

ReputationRep:
    Could just be a cuddle on the sofa.
    • Political Ambassador

It might sound like a hook up, but it doesn't necessarily mean it is. Maybe he's a great guy and the date will be amazing overall. Personally, I like the idea of hanging out at mine or at his because it's more intimately and comfortable and you get to know that person on another level.

But yeah you don't know him, you don't know what he could be like and if going to his place makes you feel uncomfortable just tell him you would like to go somewhere else for your first date.

Things might end up all cuddly if you watch a movie at his place and even sexual, but if you aren't ready to do anything you shouldn't allow things to get more serious than cuddling and spooning.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.