OCR Psychology A Level in a year Watch

This discussion is closed.
mjf
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi, Ive decided to do Psychology A Level (OCR Board) in a year at night school, and resit some of my chemistry and maths A Level modules in an attempt to get the required grades for my course at uni... I was just wondering if anyone has done this course either AS or A2 and could give me some information on it.
Thanks.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mjf)
Hi, Ive decided to do Psychology A Level (OCR Board) in a year at night school, and resit some of my chemistry and maths A Level modules in an attempt to get the required grades for my course at uni... I was just wondering if anyone has done this course either AS or A2 and could give me some information on it.
Thanks.
I did Psych on OCR. It's difficult to give information without knowing what you're after. The A/S course was pretty easy. Detail learning etc. Consisted of 3 exams (I think?) one of which was based on coursework you would have conducted in the year. Providing the coursework was done well (you could take certain parts of it into the exam) it was relatively easy.
The second year was slightly more complicated. On the coursework aspect, it required 2 pieces (one experiment based, and the other an analysis of a written piece of work...newspaper article etc) which weren't too difficult. I did the crime and health modules for the exams, which were quite complicated. There was a lot of fact and study learning, as well as needing to be able to compare and evaluate etc.
On the whole it's difficult to say if this is going to be the same structure for you at night classes. If you have any more question I'll try and answer them, but I can remember more about the A2 course!

D
-x-
mjf
Rep:
?
Hi
Thanks...yeh I plan to do the Health and Crime modules too...would it be possible to read your coursework for A2 - I think module 4...What did you get in the end? What are you planning on doing now? Your the only person I know who has done it - most people have done AQA!
mjf
Rep:
?
D - could you get in touch with me - my email address is [email protected] and also Ollie said that I shouls ask you to help me get in touch with Sunny and Vetgirl (that is their usernames...) Hope you can help...
wicked3610
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mjf)
D - could you get in touch with me - my email address is [email protected] and also Ollie said that I shouls ask you to help me get in touch with Sunny and Vetgirl (that is their usernames...) Hope you can help...
hi. i studied a level psychology a few years ago. the coursework was good fun and well worth it, i personally struggled with the exams, though i believe they have changed now. It is a very interesting and worthwhile course to do, i thoroughly enjoyed it.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Ok, if you check your mail, I've sent you (a very long - sorry!) email! If I've missed something, get in touch!

D
-x-
PsychBrainiac
Report 16 years ago
Sent you an email also, I also have done OCR Psychology this past year, and enjoy helping people out with q's about Psych , hence the User Name!
mjf
Rep:
?
Hey...Ive cleared some old emails so that you can now send stuff! LOL! Thanks...Ill have a read through!
mjf
Rep:
?
Thanks guys...if there is anyone else out there with any information on the course it would be gratefully received! OCR A Level Psychology.
mjf
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Anyone else out there done OCR Psychology?
mjf
Rep:
?
It seems like not many do this course, but if you know someone that does tell them about this post!!! LOL! I would really appreciate it, also if you know anyone that is studying Psychology at uni that would be cool to get in touch...as who knows after the A Level it could be a possible career direction! Thanks.
call me Zen
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Can someone send me a link or their psychology article - no writing, just the article for OCR A/2. I have been looking round for what seems like years. I only have 2 evaluation points on my best article so far but you need 3. Any help will ve v v v greatly apreciated. Thanks.

Steven
---------------------------
[email protected]
CasperUK
Report 15 years ago
Best articles are from car magazines, personally look at driver feuds - Ayrton Senna v Alain Prost is a fantastic example. ALOT can be unpicked from that.
Spanking children, etc etc...

has anyone done Health? can anyone tell me what the exam is like? i got 242 on my AS but am finding A2 a little hard i want to get a head start so to speak
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Personally i found psyc very hard at the begging of the year and to be honest it still is .
mjf
Rep:
?
(Original post by Unregistered)
Personally i found psyc very hard at the begging of the year and to be honest it still is .
Are you doing OCR? If so could you email me? [email protected]...Thanks
only1ginger
Report 15 years ago
Hey im a new user on here in search of someone who understands what exactly i have to do for the OCR psychology Alevel exam, ive done both of the pieces of coursework but i cant learn because i dont understand what i need in the end to pass the exam, i just need to know what the minimum is i have to write in the exams to get as many marks as i can because my teacher is making it really difficult and i dont understand.

can anyone help me?????
Sam-Jade
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
I did Psych on OCR. It's difficult to give information without knowing what you're after. The A/S course was pretty easy. Detail learning etc. Consisted of 3 exams (I think?) one of which was based on coursework you would have conducted in the year. Providing the coursework was done well (you could take certain parts of it into the exam) it was relatively easy.
The second year was slightly more complicated. On the coursework aspect, it required 2 pieces (one experiment based, and the other an analysis of a written piece of work...newspaper article etc) which weren't too difficult. I did the crime and health modules for the exams, which were quite complicated. There was a lot of fact and study learning, as well as needing to be able to compare and evaluate etc.
On the whole it's difficult to say if this is going to be the same structure for you at night classes. If you have any more question I'll try and answer them, but I can remember more about the A2 course!

D
-x-
Hi! You seem to know what your talking about. I am completely stuck on my A2 assignment piece any chance you could give me some tips? Mine is on bullying and suicide but it doesn't seem to be going any where. I would be grateful for your help! or anyone else if you have any tips!
Sam x
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I am doing OCR psychology in 1 year- AS and A2 side by side.... its tough but good... i am doing it @ uni in sept...

how did you find a good article to base your assignment on? i can't find anything good....

how far are you with your practical project??? when do you have to hand it in????
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by only1ginger)
Hey im a new user on here in search of someone who understands what exactly i have to do for the OCR psychology Alevel exam, ive done both of the pieces of coursework but i cant learn because i dont understand what i need in the end to pass the exam, i just need to know what the minimum is i have to write in the exams to get as many marks as i can because my teacher is making it really difficult and i dont understand.

can anyone help me?????

get the ocr psychlogy in practise books for your A2 modules.. learn these and you will be fine.. you have to write essays, including knowledge of thoeries and past research.. just write as much as you can in the time you have but make sure you structure it well..

what A2 modules is anyone doing??
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (215)
12.49%
Excited (157)
9.12%
Worried (306)
17.77%
Terrified (382)
22.18%
Meh (173)
10.05%
Confused (37)
2.15%