Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've never really written notes for my tests/ exams as I find it time wasting and as I've never done it before, when I tried to, it took me too long and I didn't know how to do it right. Without writing notes I've managed to do well in my tests and in mocks, but people have told me that my revision technique is bad and all revision plans I've seen online involve writing notes, so I was wondering if I need to write notes or not.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever works for you my friend, if you're learning and remembering without writing it all down, then that's perfectly fine.
    I wouldn't listen to revision guides, if what they're telling you to do doesn't work.
    Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meridian-S)
    Whatever works for you my friend, if you're learning and remembering without writing it all down, then that's perfectly fine.
    I wouldn't listen to revision guides, if what they're telling you to doesn't work.
    Good Luck
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pizza4ever)
    I've never really written notes for my tests/ exams as I find it time wasting and as I've never done it before, when I tried to, it took me too long and I didn't know how to do it right. Without writing notes I've managed to do well in my tests and in mocks, but people have told me that my revision technique is bad and all revision plans I've seen online involve writing notes, so I was wondering if I need to write notes or not.
    Everyone revises differently. I only made notes for one subject at GCSE as I thought making notes for the majority of my subjects was a waste of time too and I was fine. Do whatever you think's best

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pizza4ever)
    Try and find what works best for you, I'm the same as you in that I find making notes for most things a waste of time and I learn well simply from reading my class notes, using revision guides and doing practice questions. I did this all the way through my GCSE's and it worked successfully and I'm now approaching my A levels and I use the same process with success. Don't let other people affect your revision technique, as long as you're confident in it and it works for you. Making rough notes on certain things can be useful, but I'd recommend massively against wasting your time making colourful and fancy notes; that time can often be much better spent. Good look with your revision anyway

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.