Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This is my half term homework for English Literature and I'm not sure what to write about??

What points could I use?????

I've written one paragraph so far....

ReputationRep:
    Squealer is the public face of the pig dictatorship. Napoleon soon retreats to the farmhouse and leaves Squealer to pass on commands and silence any criticism. Look at how he justifies the pigs living in the house, sleeping in beds and doing no work. Look at chapter 8 when Orwell lets us know that it is Squealer who has been changing the commandments.When some animals question too much however, he becomes threatening. Look at how Orwell describes the look in his eyes. Look also at the final chapter, and how he gets the animals to accept the pigs walking on two legs.
    To summarise, Squealer is not one of the leaders. However, his skill in twisting the truth, and raising fears about Snowball returning, stop the rest of the animals from realising what is happening.
    (For a modern day equivalent look online for an interview with Trump representative Kellyanne Conway where she justifies the ban on Muslims by referring to a fictional 'Bowling Green Massacre')

(Original post by Lit teacher)
    Squealer is the public face of the pig dictatorship. Napoleon soon retreats to the farmhouse and leaves Squealer to pass on commands and silence any criticism. Look at how he justifies the pigs living in the house, sleeping in beds and doing no work. Look at chapter 8 when Orwell lets us know that it is Squealer who has been changing the commandments.When some animals question too much however, he becomes threatening. Look at how Orwell describes the look in his eyes. Look also at the final chapter, and how he gets the animals to accept the pigs walking on two legs.
    To summarise, Squealer is not one of the leaders. However, his skill in twisting the truth, and raising fears about Snowball returning, stop the rest of the animals from realising what is happening.
    (For a modern day equivalent look online for an interview with Trump representative Kellyanne Conway where she justifies the ban on Muslims by referring to a fictional 'Bowling Green Massacre'
    Yeah my English teacher always compares Napoleon to Hitler and Donald Trump and other "dictators"

She says that "It's their way, or no way"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackT2000)
    Yeah my English teacher always compares Napoleon to Hitler and Donald Trump and other "dictators"

She says that "It's their way, or no way"
    Squealer represents Molotov, and Napoleon represents Stalin, not Hitler. This is the Russian revolution and the incipient Soviet state rather than Nazi Germany.

Molotov was in charge of Soviet propaganda, and responsible for the party newspaper called Pravda ('Truth').

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackT2000)
    This is my half term homework for English Literature and I'm not sure what to write about??
    What points could I use?????
    You can simply check out MavenWriters for help. They happen to specialize on this discipline, and especially this particular topic

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.