Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

National student survey Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you support the boycott
    Yes
    0%
    No
    100.00%

ReputationRep:
    The NSS is used to get final year student feedback on courses. This data is then used to help prospective students make a decision about the university.

Do you support the NUS boycott of the NSS
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niteninja1)
    The NSS is used to get final year student feedback on courses. This data is then used to help prospective students make a decision about the university.

Do you support the NUS boycott of the NSS
    Absolutely not! The NUS has become an absolute laughing stock. Instead of doing what it should be doing, which is helping students fight for things that they actually care about, it seems to just be a platform for egotistical students who don't want to stop being a student and grow up, to shout out to people about their own beliefs, when they seem to actually not give a **** about what students actually want.

I see this with the SU at my university, where some (not all, granted) of the officers just use the SU to do their own thing, and not actually really change much for the better, and especially not really what the students want.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit out of the loop here, do I have this right?

The National Union of Students is blocking the honest data collection of students in their final year for some reason which presumably actually serves to detriment students despite boycotting causing a far more considerable detriment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GonvilleBromhead)
    I'm a bit out of the loop here, do I have this right?

The National Union of Students is blocking the honest data collection of students in their final year for some reason which presumably actually serves to detriment students despite boycotting causing a far more considerable detriment?
    https://www.nus.org.uk/en/take-actio...tudent-survey/

Call me a cynic but consider this from 2001

https://www.timeshighereducation.com...160292.article

and this from 2016

https://www.timeshighereducation.com...ld-opt-out-tef

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.