Is there suppsoed to be a poll?

ReputationRep:
    i would give an opinion if you gave me something to give an opinion on

ReputationRep:
    yeah be patient hes making a poll

ReputationRep:
    never mind, i've voted

ReputationRep:
    since no one ere hopefully hasnt had both experiences, no 1 can compare mate

ReputationRep:
    chandler! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    since no one ere hopefully hasnt had both experiences, no 1 can compare mate
    I been kicked in the nuts and given birth.

ReputationRep:
    I created this because some girls can't really seem to understand how painful being kicked in that reigon is.

ReputationRep:
    has no one noticed that this is a friends ripoff?

ReputationRep:
    It’s worrying that someone would answer one of the first 2. Since that would mean they would have had to experience both to make a judgment. Scary.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say that they were most probably the same levels of pain but giving birth lasts longer - obviously I'm not speaking from experience though. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i actually voted for the wrong one, I meant to click "Kicked in the nuts", and the reason is as follows:

Now we all know that 98% of pain actually originates in the brain, since if you had no brain you wouldn't feel anything. So when you call something "painful" we are talking about the brain's chemical reaction to some event. There are two ways a brain reacts.
    1) The chemical defence mechanism: It is the actual response to physical damage. This tends to feel quite painful
    2) The chemical mental preparatory mechanism: This is the chemical response induced by the EXPECTATION of pain.

The second point is the key point. When pain is EXPECTED, it is often exagerated by the brain. So when we ask which is more painful, being kicked in the nuts or giving birth, well both are equally "Expectfully painful" - i.e. for both a serious amount of pain is anticipated (because your society has told you that both are extremely painful). So the clincher comes in which event triggers the biggest "defence mechanism" response.

Child birth is something the female body was DESIGNED to do - for goodness sake if it wasnt designed to give birth then there wouldnt be a womb or anything. This means that the body is well adapted to not have any actual physical defence to the pain, because there is no physical damage. This has been already greatly supported by the fact that certain cultures in the world teach women that there will be no pain, and so when they give birth, they dont feel pain - apparently it is more a mild discomfort. This is a FACT!

Now with getting kicked in the balls. The testicles arent DESIGNED to withstand getting kicked in the balls, thus there is a defence reaction by the brain to act against the physical damage. This means that OVERALL getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than childbirth. Anyone that believes childbirth is more painful needs convincing otherwise, because I can assure you that most of that pain is just because you're expecting huge amounts of pain!

That's existing scientific belief, whether you like it or not girls!

ReputationRep:
    Somebody's never given birth :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    has no one noticed that this is a friends ripoff?
    Well actually, I've just been PMing someone about this matter so it isn't really a Friends rip off at all. I didn't even think of that episode when i was making this.

ReputationRep:
    hey, i'm just stating the technical answer. Women in general might perceive child birth to be more painful than men in general percieve getting kicked in the nuts, but that defecit would be because men in general have a smaller "expecation" response (Ie a higher pain threshold). So women, you have to pick, you can either have your "WELL YOU DONT KNOW WHAT ChILD BIRTH FEELS LIKe" argument which you always use, or you can take that age old feminist thingum: "WOMEN SO DO HAVE HIGHER PAIN THrEshOLDs THAN MEN!".....you gotta pick, which one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I created this because some girls can't really seem to understand how painful being kicked in that reigon is.
    it doesnt beat period pains or child birth....

ReputationRep:
    the winning argument will basically depend on the ratio of males to females on this forum :rolleyes:
    maybe you should have done a public poll to prove that males go for option 1 wheres females option 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Now imagine being given that pain consistently and congrats my friend, you've just experienced your first set of periods! I don't even want to imagine childbirth...

(don't even think about commenting on my username)

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.