Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dyslexia- is property law easier compared to personal injury Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi there. Sorry this might be a weird question, but i want to work in the legal field, however I have dyslexia and want to know if anyone out there is finding it difficult working in the legal field? I am working in personal injury as a litigation legal assistant and I'm finding it difficult, is there anyone who feels the same? Can you let me know if property law or wills and probate can be less complicated compared to personal injury? I want to work in property law and qualify as licensed conveyancer. Thanks Please let me know

ReputationRep:
    You have to sort out your confusions as they will lead you to same condition even if you change your area from personal injury to something else... Complexities are normally offered to those who have the ability to solve them so keep your focus on solving them.

ReputationRep:
    Jazmine91 I don't have experience with dyslexia, but there's a great organisation called City Disabilities (google it and you should find the website) that pairs people with certain conditions with mentors who have similar conditions and can provide advice. They cover all sorts of careers, but I know that they have a lot of lawyers who sign up to be mentors. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, I don’t think there is much you can do to make it easier for you at a personal injury law office. I work at one and there are so many documents, deadlines, and everything else, it’s really difficult with dyslexia. I think, just like with any other job and this condition, you’ve just got to try your best and not give up. I’m rooting for you! Hang in there! Plus, once you’ve been there for a while, make sure your law firm know that you have this condition. That way you protect your employment. They can’t fire you from a personal injury law firm just because you have a disability. Plus, if they’re really good attorneys, they wouldn’t want to. – source:
    https://tjryanlaw.com/difference-bet...ury-attorneys/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.