Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NateRiver)
    Yeah our teacher doesn't believe these boundaries are good but it has been based on the results of all the participants in these mocks. Seems that they were found to be quite difficult.
    In your school, or of a sample of schools?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    In your school, or of a sample of schools?
    Of all the schools that took part and submitted their results to Edexcel before the 13th of January.

ReputationRep:
    ez, my target is 8 but my teacher thinks I can get a 9. I'm doing AQA maths it's really not that bad

ReputationRep:
    Of all the schools that took part and submitted their results to Edexcel before the 13th of January.
    That is actually quite interesting, but:

• The papers test on the whole course, whereas most teachers haven't finished teaching the whole course.
    • Students would be significantly less prepared.
    • Students have had significantly less time to practice (kind of links in with the first)
    • Students would apply a more relaxed work ethic, as it is only mocks, and thus would see that reflected within their results.

I am therefore unsure as to whether we can take the boundary to be accurate, or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)

• The papers test on the whole course, whereas most teachers haven't finished teaching the whole course.
    • Students have had significantly less time to practice (kind of links in with the first)
    • Students would apply a more relaxed work ethic, as it is only mocks, and thus would see that reflected within their results.

I am therefore unsure as to whether we can take the boundary to be accurate, or not.
    Exactly.

Did you sit these exams yourself? If so, how did you find them?

ReputationRep:
    Exactly.

Did you sit these exams yourself? If so, how did you find them?
    I did, yes, and I found them to be quite reasonable difficulty-wise. I probably got something in the region of the mid-high 220s.

ReputationRep:
    It isn't as bad as I hoped, but there are obvious areas of concern for me, but these were on the old spec. The key thing is to practise with this exam.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)

The Edexcel mock statistics were very very low (only 20% scored more than 86/240). But you're correct that these shouldn't be used to predict grade boundaries since these mocks were taken 5-6 months before the real exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notnek)
    The Edexcel mock statistics were very very low (only 20% scored more than 86/240). But you're correct that these shouldn't be used to predict grade boundaries since these mocks were taken 5-6 months before the real exam.
    Wow, I knew it was low, but I didn't know it was that low.

ReputationRep:
    The grading system is piss takin, they're trying to ruin us on purpose. They want us to be machines.

ReputationRep:
    Most people in my school got less than 100/240, only because in January we weren't taught the whole spec.
    I self learned the whole specification, did lots of past paper questions, lots of revision and went through absolutely everything, that's how I got a 9. (It's perfectly possible, I was predicted a 6 before my mocks...)

ReputationRep:
    yeah same i was predicted a 5 and i got a 7 its a good start i guess??
    (Original post by Quizlet)
    Most people in my school got less than 100/240, only because in January we weren't taught the whole spec.
    I self learned the whole specification, did lots of past paper questions, lots of revision and went through absolutely everything, that's how I got a 9. (It's perfectly possible, I was predicted a 6 before my mocks...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unillama)
    yeah same i was predicted a 5 and i got a 7 its a good start i guess??
    An excellent start, I'm pretty sure you'll get an 8/9.

ReputationRep:
    lets hope so
    and why are u labelled quizlet??
    An excellent start, I'm pretty sure you'll get an 8/9.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unillama)
    lets hope so
    and why are u labelled quizlet??
    Quizlet is hot

ReputationRep:
    ahhhhhhhha i agree !!!
    Quizlet is hot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misaki24)
    Im finding the content fine, but the exams are a total disaster
    soo true

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding it hard some topics make sense, some just confuse me. I'm just happy with a B at this point

ReputationRep:
    thats sickkkkkk! where do u revise from i need to go from 4 to 6 in three months! :afraid:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.