Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would anyone be willing to help me understand chemistry? Watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

As part of my Geoscience degree course, I am having to complete a module in Introductory Environmental Chemistry. However, after having not done any Chemistry since GCSE 3 years ago, I have found myself seriously struggling (this is not helped by the fact that my lecturer for the module is not great, to put it politely).

We have our first class test coming up next Friday, and I'm getting quite worried as I can't afford to fail this module. So far I've been unable to keep up with what's going on in lectures as my lecturer goes through topics really quickly, and the only textbook he recommended doesn't actually cover everything we've done (I asked him if he could recommend any others, but he said no).

Basically I would like to know: would any of you be willing to help me with the following topics (either in this thread or over PM?):

- Writing Lewis structures for simple molecules and molecular ions (employing formal charges where necessary)
    - Calculating chemical quantities (i.e. moles, molar mass, molar concentration, parts per million, parts per billion, dilution)
    - Predicting molecular geometries using VSEPR theory

I would be extremely grateful for any help provided - I know that trying to help over TSR is not ideal, but I'm becoming desperate

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    Hello everyone,

As part of my Geoscience degree course, I am having to complete a module in Introductory Environmental Chemistry. However, after having not done any Chemistry since GCSE 3 years ago, I have found myself seriously struggling (this is not helped by the fact that my lecturer for the module is not great, to put it politely).

We have our first class test coming up next Friday, and I'm getting quite worried as I can't afford to fail this module. So far I've been unable to keep up with what's going on in lectures as my lecturer goes through topics really quickly, and the only textbook he recommended doesn't actually cover everything we've done (I asked him if he could recommend any others, but he said no).

Basically I would like to know: would any of you be willing to help me with the following topics (either in this thread or over PM?):

- Writing Lewis structures for simple molecules and molecular ions (employing formal charges where necessary)
    - Calculating chemical quantities (i.e. moles, molar mass, molar concentration, parts per million, parts per billion, dilution)
    - Predicting molecular geometries using VSEPR theory

I would be extremely grateful for any help provided - I know that trying to help over TSR is not ideal, but I'm becoming desperate

Thank you
    Hey Levi

We cover all this stuff in AS Chemistry

Drop me a VM and I'll help you with it
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Hey Levi

We cover all this stuff in AS Chemistry

Drop me a VM and I'll help you with it
    Awesome thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.