Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it a bad idea to go to the cinema on your own Watch

ReputationRep:
    .. on Valentine's Day? :rofl:

Taking the GF out for a meal and to the theatre, but I'm taking the whole day off and I want to go and see Split in the morning which she and my mates have 0 interest in. Its half term so I don't want to be the only person among loads of teenagers lol.

in b4

why not?watching a movie alone is the best

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by tamil fever)
      why not?watching a movie alone is the best
      It's on V day tho. Gonna look so FA (although I'm going in the morning) - I get half price tickets on Tuesday

ReputationRep:
      Never done it, not because I'm embarrassed just because opportunity's never presented itself. Nothing to be ashamed of. I wouldn't judge anyone who would.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Sabby888)
      Never done it, not because I'm embarrassed just because opportunity's never presented itself. Nothing to be ashamed of. I wouldn't judge anyone who would.
      Same, Im imagining lots of chav kids bothering me lol

ReputationRep:
      Who cares? It's dark in the cinema anyway.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
      Who cares? It's dark in the cinema anyway.
      just gonna sit there like

ReputationRep:
      I've done it its quite enjoyleable.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by tyler bentham)
      Same, Im imagining lots of chav kids bothering me lol
      Tbh, I would expect that too :') But who cares? They laugh at almost everything, life's too short, just do it

ReputationRep:
      Why not if you are the only one interested in the film?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by barnetlad)
      Why not if you are the only one interested in the film?
      Would doubt they'd run a film just for one person

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by tyler bentham)
      and I want to go and see Split in the morning which she and my mates have 0 interest in.
      So it's one of those types of relationships...

...be honest with yourself, how many times has your girlfriend dragged you along to a place that she wanted to go even though you weren't keen on it? I'm guessing a million times. But when the shoes on the other foot it's just ok for her to say no and you have to go alone?

I say man up and tell your girlfriend to go with you and remind her that a relationship is about give and take

ReputationRep:
      Seriously, going to the cinema on your own is perfectly fine. It's not that uncommon. The only awkwardness that ever comes from it is when you book tickets and you find that on the day, you're sat next to a couple - you either look like a third-wheeler or a creep. Plus, it just feels awkward.

ReputationRep:
      I say go for it! I don't see anything wrong with going alone to the cinema. and if it's in the morning time, the chavs wouldn't be up yet.

Edit: did you go?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.