Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

should I go to the doctors? Watch

ReputationRep:
    7 years ago when I was 13 got hit by a car on the way to school. I didn't go to the hospital I just got up and walked to school. I didn't want anyone to know

I told my gf this and she said to at least get a check up for it just to be safe.

does it seem like a waste of time or no?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nothing to lose, country with free healthcare, might as well.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh...you realise this 7 years later. Interesting.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unaManzana)
    7 years ago when I was 13 got hit by a car on the way to school. I didn't go to the hospital I just got up and walked to school. I didn't want anyone to know

I told my gf this and she said to at least get a check up for it just to be safe.

does it seem like a waste of time or no?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Worth at least mentioning it when you do see a doctor for anything else. If it wasn't a big incident and you were fine walking to school after it's probably fine and not done any damage. It can be helpful fr doctors to know things like that even if they ahven't had a noticable effect though so do just mention it at some point even if you don't make an appointment for it.
    If you have any issues like aches, pains or reduced movement since the incident though Iwould suggest you make an appointment about it.

IIRC, there are cases where injuries years ago stay hidden until suddenly they cause big problems. Go to the doctors just to be safe.

ReputationRep:
      thanks for that guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      I'd say if you don't have any noticeable weakness, pain, discomfort etc then you're probably fine. I doubt a GP is going to pick anything up if you're 100% symptom free, you'd just be wasting an appointment. Obviously if you have any pain or other symptoms you should mention it as relevant background information but your GP isn't going to give you a bunch of scans etc to check for any minor problems which aren't affecting you.

ReputationRep:
      I'm sure if anything serious was wrong with you it would have healed over time. Like what do you expect to find at the docs? ****, my legs been broken all this time

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.