Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can you explain the job situation in UK for an Indian? or a foreigner?
    Is it impossible to stay in UK after Undergrad? Which unis can improve the chances of a job and then a visa?

Will the following unis be beneficial:
    University of Manchester
    St. Andrews
    edinburgh
    Kings college of london

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mikhail1710)
    Can you explain the job situation in UK for an Indian? or a foreigner?
    Is it impossible to stay in UK after Undergrad? Which unis can improve the chances of a job and then a visa?

Will the following unis be beneficial:
    University of Manchester
    St. Andrews
    edinburgh
    Kings college of london
    Bro I guess I remember you . I think you have going to read Economics at the university. Well I am an Indian as well and afaik I will explain the situation

After the coming of Theresa may, she just increased the slab for getting the work visa (I forgot which tier it was ) to something like 27k ish pounds I guess. If that's the case then you only have probably a few options with your degree in UK. You can look into investment banking, economist at some firms and hedge funds , private equity funds (only blackstome group take students straight outta undergrad) . For that you should really ass off and network with the people where you wanna end at after undergrad. There is no other shortcut. Plus you need to get a first class honours because we are internationals and they literally need to pay for our sponsorship. So sometimes they may not choose an international student for the job

If you are ready to risk (that's what I am gonna do) you have to make an impressive CV with heck of lot of extra curriculum (like VP of the investment banking soc or something) and a good grades is nessesary + internships during summer and spring .

Actually you will have to leave the country provided you couldn't get a job right after graduation. Thats what tje condition of Tier 4 visa (ie our student visa). Well British degree holds up the value everywhere and Well I am gonna keep my backup plan as UAE. Because Arabs are so much into western educated people .

Hope it helps PM me for more

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.