Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please help or advice me on how to answer the elements questions? I always lose marks on them and the exam is just over a 2 months away now and I need to get my head around how to answer them.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous_28)
    Can someone please help or advice me on how to answer the elements questions? I always lose marks on them and the exam is just over a 2 months away now and I need to get my head around how to answer them.
    Sorry, what's an elements question?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Do you mean Qs that ask you to compare certain elements in specific groups of the periodic table e.g. the fact that halogens that are higher up in the periodic table (have smaller atoms)e.g. fluorine are more reactive than those lower down e.g. iodine, so that e.g. fluorine will react with a metal iodide, giving the fluoride and iodine, and NOT the other way round i.e. that iodine will not react with e.g. potassium fluoride) as well as the reasons why?

Please be more specific with your Q.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, yeh exactly the questions like that, I'm sorry it wasn't a clear question I asked but I'll try and be more specific next time.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.