Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently choosing grammar schools to apply for sixth form, and I'm very confused about things. Do you have to do a entry exam to get in or do they just look at your GCSE results? (P.S. I'm thinking about applying for schools such as Henrietta Barnett, Dartford Grammar, Wycombe High, Kendrick School or Sir William Borlase's Grammar School)

Thank you in advance for any help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivy01)
    I am currently choosing grammar schools to apply for sixth form, and I'm very confused about things. Do you have to do a entry exam to get in or do they just look at your GCSE results? (P.S. I'm thinking about applying for schools such as Henrietta Barnett, Dartford Grammar, Wycombe High, Kendrick School or Sir William Borlase's Grammar School)

Thank you in advance for any help.

Generally you will have some kind of entrance exam, as well as GCSE requirements; but contact those schools or look at a sixth form prospectus.

ReputationRep:
    I hope you don't intend to apply for this coming September- as for most (I think all) the deadlines have passed. From what I can tell, they seem to mainly base it off what you get at GCSE and there are no admissions tests for year 12 entry, but if you want to be sure, call them up. Have a look at each schools admission procedures as they will tell you what grades you need to be considered for each one, they are available on each schools websites (I looked).

ReputationRep:
    Not only have the application dates past but they are all far from each other. Are you going to move? Barnet, Reading, Bucks, Kent!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.