Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can I write an essay adopting both a feminist and realist (realism) perspective? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am writing an essay on war, how it affects women concluding with what can be done to help them more - so I am adopting a feminist and realist perspective. Is it possible to adopt both?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by 882188x)
    I am writing an essay on war, how it affects women concluding with what can be done to help them more - so I am adopting a feminist and realist perspective. Is it possible to adopt both?
    It's definitely possible but it depends on how you spin your argument to skew each perspective in different parts of your essay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    It's definitely possible but it depends on how you spin your argument to skew each perspective in different parts of your essay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I guess when talking about the impact of war on women, I'll write through the feminist perspective and when talking about the failure of world leaders, the realist perspective. But I've had a mind**** - is it possible to criticise world leaders and organisations if I've got a realist approach? because realism sees world leaders doing no wrong?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by 882188x)
    I guess when talking about the impact of war on women, I'll write through the feminist perspective and when talking about the failure of world leaders, the realist perspective. But I've had a mind**** - is it possible to criticise world leaders and organisations if I've got a realist approach? because realism sees world leaders doing no wrong?
    Again it depends on how you paint the argument. If you describe it as a compare and contrast and makes sure that the reader understands that you are looking at war from two different approaches, I don't see why not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.