Turn on thread page Beta

National Grid Gas Distribution Apprenticeship Program watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I have got into the third stage and have my telephone interview with them tomorrow morning at 11am. Im nervous and was just wondering if anyone else had had any experience with what they might ask me? Ive researched about national grid and have good work experience (team work ) being a lifeguard and swimming teacher.
    Many thanks,
    Harrison

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't bother if i were you . National Grid used to own and operate the Gas Distribution network and despite telling its employees how valuable they were, they finally betrayed them by selling off the Gas Distribution business to foreign investment houses.

Gas distribution has had a bullying, us and them culture for many many years. Anyone who works for the operational field force is treated like a rubbing rag.
    The working hours are incredibly anti social,you are only as good as your last job and you can find yourself on a disciplinary hearing for any seemingly minor transgression. People get sacked for really very unimportant things.

There is a climate of fear and people are scared to speak out.

Applying for an apprenticeship with this lot may be one of the biggest regrets of your life. You will spend the rest of your life working anti social hours and for less pay than the staff get.

My advice, seek an apprenticeship with a decent company,not this bunch.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.