Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I really want to study Law at Cambridge, but I am worried I will not have a competitive application at all

I feel like my GCSE Grades are not good enough.. These are my grades:

RE - A*
    English Lit - A
    English Lang - A
    History - B
    Design and Technology (Graphic Design) - B
    Welsh (Second Language) - B
    BTEC Science - Merit (B)
    Mathematics - D
    French - D
    Media Studies - D

For AS Levels I am studying: History, English Lit, Religious Education (RE) and the compulsory Welsh Baccalaureate.

I am worried that I do not have enough A's to submit a competitive application, and that the D grades in French and Media Studies will not look very good for Law. I am aiming to get A*AAA in my A Levels.. is this too unrealistic of me?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by spud23)
    I really want to study Law at Cambridge, but I am worried I will not have a competitive application at all

I feel like my GCSE Grades are not good enough.. These are my grades:

RE - A*
    English Lit - A
    English Lang - A
    History - B
    Design and Technology (Graphic Design) - B
    Welsh (Second Language) - B
    BTEC Science - Merit (B)
    Mathematics - C
    French - D
    Media Studies - D

For AS Levels I am studying: History, English Lit, Religious Education (RE) and the compulsory Welsh Baccalaureate.

I am worried that I do not have enough A's to submit a competitive application, and that the D grades in French and Media Studies will not look very good for Law. I am aiming to get A*AAA in my A Levels.. is this too unrealistic of me?
    Realistically it will be a stretch. But if you are on target for A*AA then you have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. You also have 4 other choices on your UCAS.

If you are unsuccessful then a post A-level (ie gap year) application with (ideally) A*A*A achieved will make you much more competitive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    you need like 6+ A*s lol, not even a single B. you have Cs and Ds
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by dft)
    No you don't. There's no minimum GCSE requirement for Law at Cambridge.

Yes, most applicants do have a string of A*s and As but they aren't a requirement. And other aspects of an application are as, if not more, important.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Realistically it will be a stretch. But if you are on target for A*AA then you have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. You also have 4 other choices on your UCAS.

If you are unsuccessful then a post A-level (ie gap year) application with (ideally) A*A*A achieved will make you much more competitive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you I am prepared to work hard for awesome grades in AS this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dft)
    I know, I was just wondering if getting really good A Level grades would improve my application and chances
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by spud23)
    Thank you I am prepared to work hard for awesome grades in AS this year
    That will help

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.