Turn on thread page Beta

Should convicted pedophiles receive the death penalty? watch

• View Poll Results: Should pedophiles be killed?
    Yes
    37.10%
    No
    62.90%

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by ctfvyg)
    OMG you are so right. RIGHT FOR PAEDOPHILES#

WoodyMKC Its ok you can come out now. I am sorry for judging you for being who you are.
    Are you a vegan tho?

ReputationRep:
    Short answer, yes, however there needs to be a new 'fool proof' system to charge the death penalty. I'm not talking about a 23 year old sleeping with a 15 yo, possibly unaware of her age ,morally wrong ? yes however I'm talking about child molesters, predators and rapists but even the it can't just be decided by a jury the decision must be more extensively debated as a life is still a life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dandaman1)
    No, they should receive psychiatric help.

Most pedophiles don't want the urges they have and they hate what they are. Many end up commiting suicide. Granted, the ones who act on their urges should be imprisoned, but they're still sick.
    Thats why the title is CONVICTED - ones who have been found guilty, they should be punished full on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dandaman1)
    No, they should receive psychiatric help.

Most pedophiles don't want the urges they have and they hate what they are. Many end up commiting suicide. Granted, the ones who act on their urges should be imprisoned, but they're still sick.
    They should hate what they are - to even think that way is disgusting if they know that their thought are wrong that is the first step to tackling it.

And they shouldn't be given dolls etc to simulate their evil fantasy. they should be locked up indefinately 24 hours a day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigstu99)
    Thats why the title is CONVICTED - ones who have been found guilty, they should be punished full on
    Yes, and my statement remains the same. Read it again. Convicted pedophiles should be imprisoned, but should also receive psychiatric help. It is their fault that they acted upon their urges, and for that there should be justice, but it is not their fault that they had those urges. It's a sickness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    Should they be shot dead?
    No. Not at all.

I'm against the death penalty completely, but even though it's a vile concept, paedophilia isn't the worst crime. Technically a 17 year old sleeping with a 15 year old puts him into that catergory. Although wrong, does it warrant death? God no.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Why not

ReputationRep:
    Anyone that hasn't read any cases or hasn't been involved will say pedophiles deserve a second chance, but they don't, you're telling me that raping a 8day old baby is justified? You're telling me 3months old is okay, and they deserve a second chance? it's all well and good when it's someone elses kid, but we all change when it's our own,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betty2106)
    Short answer, yes, however there needs to be a new 'fool proof' system to charge the death penalty. I'm not talking about a 23 year old sleeping with a 15 yo, possibly unaware of her age ,morally wrong ? yes however I'm talking about child molesters, predators and rapists but even the it can't just be decided by a jury the decision must be more extensively debated as a life is still a life
    I totally agree. Thankfully we will soon be out of Europe and Britain will be free to decide how we should punish these monsters. It’s the EU to blame for not allowing us to use the death penalty and giving human rights to peadofiles. Hopefully after Brexit we can have hanging back.

ReputationRep:
    Judges in England and Wales should have the power to issue death sentences to anyone found guilty of murder, child sex offenses and some serious cases of manslaughter (such as Mick Philpott) and executed via lethal injection provided all 12 jurors found the convict guilty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambitious1999)
    I totally agree. Thankfully we will soon be out of Europe and Britain will be free to decide how we should punish these monsters. It’s the EU to blame for not allowing us to use the death penalty and giving human rights to peadofiles. Hopefully after Brexit we can have hanging back.
    Someone has no understanding of international law.

ReputationRep:
    Very simple answer. Yes
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Could people refrain from bumping old threads please.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.