Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should convicted pedophiles receive the death penalty? Watch

• View Poll Results: Should pedophiles be killed?
    Yes
    36.67%
    No
    63.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underscore__)
    So you think it's moral to kill a defenceless human being, that says a lot about a person.

So post me a link to one of these, just saying names and a year isn't citing a study, it's not even a full citation.

Sorry which article of the ECHR is this? I'm not familiar with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://deathpenalty.procon.org/sourc...nd%20Death.pdf

http://ageconsearch.umn.edu/bitstrea.../zimmerman.pdf

https://www.unc.edu/~fbaum/teaching/...ltyStudies.pdf

Yes, I think it is absolutely moral to kill a human being who sexually assaults a child regardless of them being defenseless or having a pump action shotgun in hand. It says that I have a belief in justice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joe cooley)
    No, i think it is moral to kill the kind of subhuman who would rape a child.
    So the answer to my question is yes, you think it's perfectly acceptable to kill a defenceless human being.

The ECHR?
    The European Convention on Human Rights, if you don't know what it is you don't really have any place talking about human rights.

Your faith in that institution explains why you're currently on line defending the rights of child rapists.
    My faith in which institution?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    convicted? castration/chemical castration

they'll live and their urges will be reduced to almost nothing

nobody deserves to die, however there are punishments worse than death

especially what prisoners do to child molesters.

ReputationRep:
    So the answer to my question is yes, you think it's perfectly acceptable to kill a defenceless human being.

The European Convention on Human Rights, if you don't know what it is you don't really have any place talking about human rights.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The ECHR?

Your faith in that institution.............

Seriously?

ReputationRep:
    And then if they are found to be innocent 2 years after? Just stick them in a small cell, big enough for a bed and a hole, and feed them the bare minimum, let them out for half an hour a day and don't give them any entertainment. Cost nothing if we make every cell much smaller and get rid of Xboxes in prison, and make them work for their time in jail. Cut off contact with family and if they are found to be innocent, make the people who falsely claimed they were paedos to pay for the therapy and to pay them for the time they were in jail, then stick them in for life in place of the paedos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sycatonne23)
    http://deathpenalty.procon.org/sourc...nd%20Death.pdf

http://ageconsearch.umn.edu/bitstrea.../zimmerman.pdf

https://www.unc.edu/~fbaum/teaching/...ltyStudies.pdf

Yes, I think it is absolutely moral to kill a human being who sexually assaults a child regardless of them being defenseless or having a pump action shotgun in hand. It says that I have a belief in justice.
    These studies use data sets that are twenty years out of date, the ones which don't reference the other articles that do. What's also funny in the two full articles you posted links to both authors state that even if you support their findings it doesn't mean capital punishment is a reasonable part of the American criminal justice system.

So in a simple sentence; you support the government killing defenceless people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The ECHR?

Your faith in that institution.............

Seriously?
    Yes my faith in human rights is why I'll defend anyone against being executed regardless of what they've done. Executing someone infringes their human rights, not executing someone doesn't infringe anyone's human rights

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That'sGreat)
    And then if they are found to be innocent 2 years after? Just stick them in a small cell, big enough for a bed and a hole, and feed them the bare minimum, let them out for half an hour a day and don't give them any entertainment. Cost nothing if we make every cell much smaller and get rid of Xboxes in prison, and make them work for their time in jail. Cut off contact with family and if they are found to be innocent, make the people who falsely claimed they were paedos to pay for the therapy and to pay them for the time they were in jail, then stick them in for life in place of the paedos.
    What a beautiful view for the future of British justice. I'm so glad that the Daily Mail's readership doesn't decide our law

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes my faith in human rights is why I'll defend anyone against being executed regardless of what they've done. Executing someone infringes their human rights, not executing someone doesn't infringe anyone's human rights

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Does imprisoning someone infringe their human rights?

ReputationRep:
    To some extent. It's obviously a reasonable infringement to protect a larger number of people's human rights. To protect the public from criminals some rights need to be infringed so we make the most minor infringement to achieve that goal

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

Not if its lawful

ReputationRep:
    What a beautiful view for the future of British justice. I'm so glad that the Daily Mail's readership doesn't decide our law

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Would you rather they drunk out of a golden chalice and cost the government and hence, the taxpayer, 40k a year per prisoner? I'm sure you'd hope we give them the latest game son the latest consoles, maybe put a McDonald's in the canteen and have Krispy Kreme Friday? Heck, why not let them go home on Saturdays and Sunday's? Or what if we only made them stay from 9 till 5, and let them go home to their families after it? And as for people who make false claims about paedophiles, why not give them a few hundred quid every claim? Keep the justice system on their toes!

ReputationRep:
    To some extent. It's obviously a reasonable infringement to protect a larger number of people's human rights. To protect the public from criminals some rights need to be infringed so we make the most minor infringement to achieve that goal

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, that you believe it acceptable to imprison paedophiles is a least a start.

ReputationRep:
    These studies use data sets that are twenty years out of date, the ones which don't reference the other articles that do. What's also funny in the two full articles you posted links to both authors state that even if you support their findings it doesn't mean capital punishment is a reasonable part of the American criminal justice system.

So in a simple sentence; you support the government killing defenceless people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Either way, studies have proven that the death penalty has a deterrent effect.

Sure, you can phrase it like that if you want to. I support the government killing atrocious despicable child molesting scum. If you want to keep them alive despite knowing the damage they've inflicted on another human being then you're the one who needs to question his moral conscience, not me.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who voted yes is a massive hypocrite: you assumedly think murder is abhorrent but it's ok when the state does it to someone who hasn't even taken anyone's life.

The victims of paedophilia are often scarred psychologically and it's a horrible crime but at least they continue to live their lives...
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by That'sGreat)
    Would you rather they drunk out of a golden chalice and cost the government and hence, the taxpayer, 40k a year per prisoner? I'm sure you'd hope we give them the latest game son the latest consoles, maybe put a McDonald's in the canteen and have Krispy Kreme Friday? Heck, why not let them go home on Saturdays and Sunday's? Or what if we only made them stay from 9 till 5, and let them go home to their families after it? And as for people who make false claims about paedophiles, why not give them a few hundred quid every claim? Keep the justice system on their toes!
    Congratulation on making one of the dumbest posts ever.

On that basis you might as well just kill anyone who gets a custodial sentence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Not if its lawful
    So, in states where the death penalty is lawful, it is not an infringement of human rights, because its lawful.

Yes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    Anyone who voted yes is a massive hypocrite: you assumedly think murder is abhorrent but it's ok when the state does it to someone who hasn't even taken anyone's life.

The victims of paedophilia are often scarred psychologically and it's a horrible crime but at least they continue to live their lives...
    Yes, murder of somebody who is completely innocent is abhorrent. There is no moral equivalence between killing somebody innocent and killing a child molester.

"at least they continue to live their lives..." seriously? You're going to trivialise child sexual assault like that? Disgusting. Grow a moral backbone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)

Using that "logic"...

you assumedly think imprisonment is abhorrent but it's ok when the state does it to someone who hasn't even taken anyone's life.

You oppose the state imprisoning criminals?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they should , I know it's wrong very wrong , but killing them is not the solution , for example if the a whole island changes to be all pedophiles , then should the whole population be killed on the island . After all God gives life and God takes life , we have no right to take away life .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.