Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think I have an eye infection. My left eye is red and annoying. Is it worth going to a doctor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feedtheflamingo)
    I think I have an eye infection. My left eye is red and annoying. Is it worth going to a doctor?
    Yes you should go. Serious eye infections can cause complications if not treated.

ReputationRep:
    In the mean time try some optrex

ReputationRep:
    yeah you should go to the doc cos if you leave it it'll probably just get worse. you could try ringing nhs direct and asking their advice if you wanted, although since they don't actually see you its kinda hard for them to be reliable so its probably best just going to the proper doctors, or go to the chemist and ask the pharmacist if there is anything they can give you or if you need a prescription

ReputationRep:
    it's most probably conjunctivitis, some eye drops will clear it up in a couple of days. But you need to get your doctor to check that.

Just be careful if you rub your eye to wash your hand and not touch your other eye witht hat hand or you will spread it to the other eye.

BTW i don't know if you are a boy or girl, but if you wear make up you may have to throw it out, if not you will keep reinfecting yourself. At least make sure you wash any make up brushes in hot water.

Mascara definitly has to go.

ReputationRep:
    GO TO THE DOC!!!!!!!!!!!

I once left a simple infection like conjunctivitis and just put some visine...The whole eye got messed up with time and I ended up have bloody dicharge along with a swollen eye for 3 months!!!!
    This all then lead to some growth on the inside of my eyelid and then I had to have a surgery done!...

Are u having discharge from the eye?..cuz it can sometimes be red and if u have discharge, then its an infection...
    Wipe ur eyes with a tisuue and don't use the same tissue on the other eye...the advice abt the makeup is to be taken seriously as well..

Hope u feel better soon...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sashh)
    it's most probably conjunctivitis, some eye drops will clear it up in a couple of days. But you need to get your doctor to check that.

Just be careful if you rub your eye to wash your hand and not touch your other eye witht hat hand or you will spread it to the other eye.

BTW i don't know if you are a boy or girl, but if you wear make up you may have to throw it out, if not you will keep reinfecting yourself. At least make sure you wash any make up brushes in hot water.

Mascara definitly has to go.
    one poor girl had conjuntivitus on Formal night on Tesday, poor thing.

ReputationRep:
    na

ReputationRep:
    Thanks roseinbloom - I'll definately go! Infact I've just made an appointment for this morning.

ReputationRep:
    How do you know it's an infection if you haven't been to the docs yet? It might be a stye or somethin. I would still go though. Hope it's nothin major.

ReputationRep:
    I've just come back - it is an infection, got eye drops, just tried them and the first 2 times i spilled them down my face!!! Thanx guys

ReputationRep:
    argh i hate eye drops....i can never get them in my eye!

ReputationRep:
    I've just come back - it is an infection, got eye drops, just tried them and the first 2 times i spilled them down my face!!! Thanx guys
    ur welcome friend...

Tip on how to use eyedrops:..first of all, if possible, get someone else to put them in for u...If there isn't any1 around, stand and tilt ur head back then keep ur eye open. Bring the bottle exactly on the top of ur eye until u can see the nozzle, push the bottom bit of ur eye down and instill a drop. Some of the medicine will fall out once you close ur eye..but don't wipe it immediately...wipe off excess after a minute or 2...
    Its normal for the med to spill onto the face (don't worry, it won't do anything to ur skin!!)
    Take care of ur other eye....and use the med even after u think the redness is gone...
    Cheers,
    Rose xx

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.