Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I can't find anything to edit these mp3s with Watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I want to add a robot filter to some sound files, but I just cannot.

The only websites I can find, no matter how clear my search is, are "Download this app", "Download this software" or "text to speech". I don't want to download anything, downloading stuff just crashes and kills my laptop altogether. And text to speech won't work bc that's not working with my sound files, that's just working with a text generator. Everywhere I look it's just "YOU MUST DOWNLOAD AUDACITY YOU CAN ONLY USE AUDACITY HAIL AUDACITY" and I'm like **** off I don't have Audacity, I want a website to do it in, but it's like "Nope, software, all the software". Ugh :rofl:

Spoiler:
    Show

Yes I was exaggerating but that's basically it

I just want to add a robot filter to my voice clips why is that so hard. Not like the stereotypical monotonous Dalek/Cyberman kinda thing, more like the "robotic echo" kinda thing. It's hard to describe. Basically like Mettaton in this:

Like it's still a human voice, just with a roboticised effect. That's what I'm going for with my MP3s.

Anyone able to do this for me if I send the files? Pretty please? Thanks

Update: It's done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbow Student;700hey 47482)
    Okay so I want to add a robot filter to some sound files, but I just cannot.

The only websites I can find, no matter how clear my search is, are "Download this app", "Download this software" or "text to speech". I don't want to download anything, downloading stuff just crashes and kills my laptop altogether. And text to speech won't work bc that's not working with my sound files, that's just working with a text generator. Everywhere I look it's just "YOU MUST DOWNLOAD AUDACITY YOU CAN ONLY USE AUDACITY HAIL AUDACITY" and I'm like **** off I don't have Audacity, I want a website to do it in, but it's like "Nope, software, all the software". Ugh :rofl:

Spoiler:
    Show

Yes I was exaggerating but that's basically it

I just want to add a robot filter to my voice clips why is that so hard. Not like the stereotypical monotonous Dalek/Cyberman kinda thing, more like the "robotic echo" kinda thing. It's hard to describe. Basically like Mettaton in this:

Like it's still a human voice, just with a roboticised effect. That's what I'm going for with my MP3s.

Anyone able to do this for me if I send the files? Pretty please? Thanks
    Hey why don't you try wavepad? It's got great effects on there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiszShortee786)
    Thank you, I'll try that!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Your bigger problem is with the laptop. If you don't already have backups of stuff you care about, make them now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiszShortee786)
    That's download only as well :/

Edit: Oh hey it actually downloaded alright Hope this works!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unprinted)
    Your bigger problem is with the laptop. If you don't already have backups of stuff you care about, make them now.
    I've got plenty of backup :yy:

ReputationRep:
    It's alright everyone I did it Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbow Student)
    It's alright everyone I did it Thank you!
    Are you using wavepad?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.