Turn on thread page Beta

Northern Rail debt letter - assistance? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys received a letter from northern rail about an unpaid fair

Facts

Travelled from liverpool lime street station - destination

Lime street has automatic ticket barriers requiring a ticket to access platform
    Also has a member of staff present

I have a coursework submission receipt from Liverpool Uni at around 1:47 proving i was travelling from limestreet

Purchased ticket otherwise i wouldn't have been able to get onto the platform nevermind to my destination

Ridicolous to even consider me sneaking past staff or hopping the barriers as it didn't happen

Get to destination throw my ticket apologies for littering, i walk through my destinations ticket office as per usual and get stopped by members of northern staff asking to see my ticket

I explain situation yet still get this letter
    Its not as if i fare dodging or intending to avoid paying as i did, i genuine screwed up my ticket after the journey not expecting northern rail ticket staff to require it as 11months and 3 weeks out of the year they are not present at the station

Advice as its quite clear regardless of what i say to them in a letter they will offer me a £80 resolution despite being a paying customer so i mayaswell offer them a heartfelt apology and claim i dodged the fare.

ReputationRep:
    1) If you travel from Platforms 7-9 they don't have automated barriers and usually no staff there either..
    2) i don't see how a coursework submission receipt is proof you're traveling from lime street ??
    I think the issue is you're meant to keep hold of your ticket until you're off the platform and actually in the station as you could be asked for it at any moment, do you not have a reciept for your ticket?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.