Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    anyone here done a steroid cycle?

did you get stronger and what did it feel like at the end of the cycle?

ReputationRep:
    No **** you get stronger, never rode the bike myself but many around me have. Size and strength skyrocket, but so does temper and GYNO. You can't cycle forever and when u come off you are flat and depressed for months. Not worth it unless ur competing or it's your job imo. Stick on the natty train
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy to 'allow' this thread but no mention of actual steroids/other PEDs please.

I would second the above.

(Potentially) Huge strength and size increases (depending on doses and which steroids you're using).

Possible acne, possible hair loss acceleration, your HPTA will be affected (so if you want kids....), testicular shrinkage will occur (this can be mitigated against however), possible mood changes with some of the more aggressive compounds, many potential internal organ problems. Hence why you need to get blood work done before and after any cycle.
    Gyno needs to be avoided.

Steroids are unfairly demonised but many use when they shouldn't.

If you aren't looking to compete then i'm not sure why you're taking them other than for vain reasons.

All of this information is avaliable online and people who use steroids have posted their results and experiences there.
    However, many of these sites are too blasé about the risks and basically are pro-steroids so this must be noted.

ReputationRep:
    If you are considering, which I wouldn't recommend, make sure you take some D3 Forte supplements as the steroids will ruin your bones.

ReputationRep:
    If you are asking these questions here then you are years of training away from there being any reasonable justification for you using them. Almost anyone (with any sense) who has used them will tell you there's no point in doing it too soon.

ReputationRep:
    At least exhaust your natty noob gains before jumping on the bicycle

ReputationRep:
    You're probably going to regret taking them

ReputationRep:
    Why are you asking on a student website? There are plenty of body building forums with people with vast experience and knowledge of using gear.

ReputationRep:
    Check out this classic study from Bhasin et al in 1996: http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056...0101#t=article. The New England Journal of Medicine is the highest impact factor journal in medicine (i.e. this is not just some po-dunk journal).

What does Bhasin's seminal study from 20 years ago tell us? That the participants of the study who were given steroids but sat on their ass and did nothing made more gains in terms of muscle and strength than the people who were natural who trained (within the limits of the study). I'm not trying to imply that the gains would keep coming past a certain window if you just sat on your arse.

Anecdotally, steroids are very effective at increasing size and strength. There are numerous legal/health/logistical problems with steroid acquisition and use which you may (or may not) want to deal with.

Disclaimer: I've never taken any AAS.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Blind Monk)
    Check out this classic study from Bhasin et al in 1996: http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056...0101#t=article. The New England Journal of Medicine is the highest impact factor journal in medicine (i.e. this is not just some po-dunk journal).

What does Bhasin's seminal study from 20 years ago tell us? That the participants of the study who were given steroids but sat on their ass and did nothing made more gains in terms of muscle and strength than the people who were natural who trained (within the limits of the study). I'm not trying to imply that the gains would keep coming past a certain window if you just sat on your arse.

Anecdotally, steroids are very effective at increasing size and strength. There are numerous legal/health/logistical problems with steroid acquisition and use which you may (or may not) want to deal with.

Disclaimer: I've never taken any AAS.
    Blast from the past. Hows it going?

Nice post too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayyy2)
    anyone here done a steroid cycle?

did you get stronger and what did it feel like at the end of the cycle?
    I've done a few cycles so far.

Of course you get stronger. You get about 5-10% stronger from simply being "on" vs being "off", without even doing much. This only takes about 1-2 weeks to kick in. However this strength is temporary, and fades away after you come off.

On the other hand, if you train properly you will gain a significant amount of muscle and strength, and a large portion of that will stay after the cycle, provided you do things correctly.

Side effects can be managed and are largely overstated. If you get gyno you're an idiot and didn't plan correctly. Temper issues are a myth. HPTA recovers fine. If your balls shrink, again, it's because you're stupid and skipped the important compound that keeps your balls alive.. I've been on nonstop for 2 years and I have no acne, my libido is perfect, my sperm count is perfectly healthy. I get full blood panels done, and all markers are usually within range.

But you have to be smart about it. Do your research. A good starting point is William Llewellyn's book "Anabolics". Don't just buy something online and jab it and then wonder why your **** doesn't work and you've grown tits and want to cry all the time..

Oh, and natties are losers BTW. ;P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katycaresse)
    If you are considering, which I wouldn't recommend, make sure you take some D3 Forte supplements as the steroids will ruin your bones.
    No it doesn't. D3 is generally good to supplement, but anabolic steroids increase bone mass.

You're thinking of corticosteroids like prednisone which are prescribed by doctors to help fight inflammation. They are the opposite of anabolic steroids; they make you fat, make you lose muscle, and yes, make you lose bone density.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Blast from the past. Hows it going?

Nice post too
    Thanks, not bad. Don't really train very hard at this point. Just pissing about/making sure I don't get fat and lose bone density. Qualifying as a solicitor in September and generally finding that anything I read on the rare occasions I'm on here just doesn't really resonate with me any more.

ReputationRep:
    Is taking steroids worth having your d!ck shrunk?
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Blind Monk)
    Thanks, not bad. Don't really train very hard at this point. Just pissing about/making sure I don't get fat and lose bone density. Qualifying as a solicitor in September and generally finding that anything I read on the rare occasions I'm on here just doesn't really resonate with me any more.
    Fair enough, I know that feel. I qualify as a vet in July, I feel old a lot :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unistudent77)
    I'm happy to 'allow' this thread but no mention of actual steroids/other PEDs please.

I would second the above.

If you aren't looking to compete then i'm not sure why you're taking them other than for vain reasons.

All of this information is avaliable online and people who use steroids have posted their results and experiences there.
    However, many of these sites are too blasé about the risks and basically are pro-steroids so this must be noted.

What about using natural steroids ?

Pregnenolone, DHT cream, DHEA and
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r3035)
    What about using natural steroids ?

Pregnenolone, DHT cream, DHEA and
    Does it shutdown/suppress your natural tesosterone levels?

If no, then it won't have any effect (just like a test booster) and is therefore worthless.

If you aren't sure and you're reading x product does actually give mild but ok gains, then that is suppressing your balls. All associated short-term (and most importantly medium/longer-term) sides will be active. For example, well known SARMS DO suppress you, may as well run the real deal as that's the worst of both worlds tbh. It is not a natural product.

If yes, then that product is not in anyway 'natural', your test levels will become abnormal. They will be crushed once you finish without precautions.

I'm actually not familiar with the 3 products you mention in your question but the above is what it boils down to.

Either maximise your natural potential or seek alternative means to achieve your goals in life but be fully aware of what the risks are and how to remove many of them... Ie Gyno.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by petyrbaelishh)
    Is taking steroids worth having your d!ck shrunk?
    Total myth.

ReputationRep:
    I'm too scared to take them tbh....

Natty takes so damn long, but i'm not willing to risk the side effects of steroids....
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Total myth.
    That one REALLY annoys me. Like WHO is still peddling that BS?!?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.