Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Please answer, no ignoring) Can you help me with my timetable? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Sorry it is a bit long. I have Asperger's syndrome. My mother is a doctor in London.

I am struggling heavily in A2. In AS I achieved EEU. I have made 24 timetables yet none have been working for me. The timetables are too rigid, which is ironic, as Aspies usually love rigidity. How can I make a proper timetable?

(Moderators, in mentioning my health condition I'd personally like to ask that my posts for this thread aren't un-anonymised)

I have Asperger'sas well so I might be of some help... these are just some suggestions which may or may not be relevant:

What time of day do you usually work best at? Some people find they're more productive at certain times and these don't usually flow well with their hours of taught lessons or the time that then remains for independent study.

Or do you find that there are lots of events which make it hard to stick to the timetable (increased need to revise subject X, perhaps for an upcoming test/social activities/being asked to do things under short notice)?

ReputationRep:
    Do your harder subjects earlier in the week so you can get them out of the way...you also have more time if theres a subject your particularly struggle with

make sure you factor in breaks!

Also if don't revise a class you had that day, i've done that before and found it was an overload on the subject

ReputationRep:
    Different things work for different people. For me personally planning something like 4pm - 6pm Physics revision doesn't work, I need to set myself daily goals for what tasks I'll achieve e.g. produce notes for chapters 4-6, write essay plan for 3 topics etc. Then I give myself the flexibility to do those when I feel like it.

If possible it would probably be good for you to get some support at college with making your timetable, is there a disability advisor, mentor, student support worker etc that you know of? I'd ask them if they can sit down and work through it with you. If not ask your form tutor.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.