Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am taking geography, biology and maths at A-level and I am thinking of a job in the field of natural disasters. What other jobs are out there for geography graduates. (Im going to take a geography centred degree, something such as geology/natural hazards/geography/earth science)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by jessicaharker51)
    I am taking geography, biology and maths at A-level and I am thinking of a job in the field of natural disasters. What other jobs are out there for geography graduates. (Im going to take a geography centred degree, something such as geology/natural hazards/geography/earth science)
    It sounds like you've already chosen a degree (geography/earth sciences) so I'm not sure what you're asking. Can you be more specific, what do you mean by 'a job in the field of natural disasters' - do you mean researching them, or working for a charity/organisation which responds to them?

Most jobs do not require a specific degree, you could do almost anything with a earth science/physical geography degree (e.g. teaching, research, working for NGOs, the civil service, engineering companies, business, accounting, banking, management.. etc).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    It sounds like you've already chosen a degree (geography/earth sciences) so I'm not sure what you're asking. Can you be more specific, what do you mean by 'a job in the field of natural disasters' - do you mean researching them, or working for a charity/organisation which responds to them?

Most jobs do not require a specific degree, you could do almost anything with a earth science/physical geography degree (e.g. teaching, research, working for NGOs, the civil service, engineering companies, business, accounting, banking, management.. etc).
    I would love to do either (research or work for a response organisation)
    What do you mean by research?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by jessicaharker51)
    I would love to do either (research or work for a response organisation)
    What do you mean by research?
    Research = studying, writing academic papers, teaching at university etc

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.