Turn on thread page Beta

2018 ENTRY for Graduate Entry Medicine @ Scottish Universities watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I thought I would start this thread because I haven't seen one yet.
    But yeah, is anyone else considering the newly established Scottish GEM courses at St Andrews and Uni of Dundee.

Generally I wouldn't consider applying to Scotland because the universities are so competitive, but I'm hoping most graduates won't know that these courses exist as they're new.

Let me know your thoughts!

ReputationRep:
    They're also the only courses that are unable to be funded by the new tuition fee loans, I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katycaresse)
    They're also the only courses that are unable to be funded by the new tuition fee loans, I think.
    Sorry, what do you mean by that? As in you have to fund the £9000 yourself without loans?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manicmedic)
    Sorry, what do you mean by that? As in you have to fund the £9000 yourself without loans?
    I'm pretty sure the outline states;

Scotland: true as of 2015; (same rules apply for NI)
    Accelerated 4-year graduate entry programme You’ll have to pay the tuition fees yourself throughout the course. Check the amount with your University before committing yourself.

England; true as of 2016; (same rules apply for wales)
    Accelerated 4 year graduate entry programme First year You can be charged up to a maximum of £9,000 for the year in tuition fees. You’ll have to pay the first £3,465 yourself but you can apply to Student Finance England for a tuition fee loan to fund the difference between £3,465 to a maximum of £9,000. These figures are adjusted if tuition fees rise in line with inflation.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.