Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anybody have a fear of being home alone? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. So I have a free house for 3 weeks which is lovely (peace and quiet, independence etc) however I seem to have an irrational fear of being home alone at night!
    When I hear a noise I immediately think somebody's broken in. It really affected me last night, I had about 3 hours sleep and it was a very light sleep (until about 8 when I slept properly because it was light).
    I was wondering if anybody else has this fear? If so, is there anything that's helped you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rsd_x)
    Hey guys. So I have a free house for 3 weeks which is lovely (peace and quiet, independence etc) however I seem to have an irrational fear of being home alone at night!
    When I hear a noise I immediately think somebody's broken in. It really affected me last night, I had about 3 hours sleep and it was a very light sleep (until about 8 when I slept properly because it was light).
    I was wondering if anybody else has this fear? If so, is there anything that's helped you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How old are you? I used to be like this when I was younger, my mum used to have night shifts at work and I'd be left alone. Try messaging or calling people such as friends, they serve as a good distraction to things like that. I just grew out of the fear of being left alone as I got older though.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.