Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I take protein powder, creatine... looking to add a multi vitamin...

Any recommendations ?
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    You don't need one

Only stuff you should consider are fish oil and vitamin D3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    You don't need one

Only stuff you should consider are fish oil and vitamin D3

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you lift?

How do you know I don't need one, i'm just curious about why I don't need one.

What are the befits of fish oil/D3?
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khanpatel321)
    Do you lift?

How do you know I don't need one, i'm just curious about why I don't need one.

What are the befits of fish oil/D3?
    Why does it matter if I lift? You don't need one, if you do or not

If you eat a reasonable balanced diet, you have no vitamin deficiencies and hence don't need a top up. Furthermore multivitamins contain 1000s of times more than your RDA, which makes your urine very expensive for water soluble vitamins and potentially deleterious to your health for fat soluble ones.

Vit D3 is for your bones; if you live in the UK there's a good chance you're on the low side

Fish oil is good for joints

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Why does it matter if I lift? You don't need one, if you do or not

If you eat a reasonable balanced diet, you have no vitamin deficiencies and hence don't need a top up. Furthermore multivitamins contain 1000s of times more than your RDA, which makes your urine very expensive for water soluble vitamins and potentially deleterious to your health for fat soluble ones.

Vit D3 is for your bones; if you live in the UK there's a good chance you're on the low side

Fish oil is good for joints

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What D3 dosage is best? I take 5000iu/day

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.