Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Throughout high school me and this friend weren't that close. We came close because we had quite a few things in common, and it seemed Togo well. We were friends in year 7 then completely distanced out.
    Whenever she'd have a 'motive', she'd +1 me, and she asked if my mum would give her a lift home ( I was like of course).
    Then, she started to +1 me to more and more events and things, and would always sort of assume we were giving her a lift? This was even to motives where I never knew any of the people there?!

Her parents are fairly strict (strong Christian background) so idk if that has any influence on it I.e she doesn't want them to see the house party scene.... we do talk on and off outside of this, and we have met up a few times outside of this.
    But our friendship sort of started out of the basis of this whole lift situation... and whenever for some reason I couldn't make it her first thought would be "now who is giving me a lift?"

Am I being too paranoid? Or is there definitely something fishy going on?..
    She always gets smashed at parties, and id be the one having to be sober to make sure we don't get in trouble?
    But, we do talk a lot about general stuff !mbut is it her using me for this long term plan?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jainx22)
    Throughout high school me and this friend weren't that close. We came close because we had quite a few things in common, and it seemed Togo well. We were friends in year 7 then completely distanced out.
    Whenever she'd have a 'motive', she'd +1 me, and she asked if my mum would give her a lift home ( I was like of course).
    Then, she started to +1 me to more and more events and things, and would always sort of assume we were giving her a lift? This was even to motives where I never knew any of the people there?!

Her parents are fairly strict (strong Christian background) so idk if that has any influence on it I.e she doesn't want them to see the house party scene.... we do talk on and off outside of this, and we have met up a few times outside of this.
    But our friendship sort of started out of the basis of this whole lift situation... and whenever for some reason I couldn't make it her first thought would be "now who is giving me a lift?"

Am I being too paranoid? Or is there definitely something fishy going on?..
    She always gets smashed at parties, and id be the one having to be sober to make sure we don't get in trouble?
    But, we do talk a lot about general stuff !mbut is it her using me for this long term plan?
    It is possible that she could be using you to give her lifts home. Do you talk about anything else apart from asking you to go to parties? Maybe you could ask her to do you a favour one day or to hang out somewhere. Just do something that a good friend is likely to say "yes" to.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like they have a bit of a problem with doing stuff themselves but you're not paranoid maybe overthinking it though it doesn't seem fair. Do you really want to go to these parties and events? I certainly know I wouldn't

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.