Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, is there anyone who had their numeracy &literacy test at Greenwich University on 04/02/17 and had a reply already?because I haven't and I don't know whether i was successful or not..please let me know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tamarind)
    Hi, is there anyone who had their numeracy &literacy test at Greenwich University on 04/02/17 and had a reply already?because I haven't and I don't know whether i was successful or not..please let me know.

Hi, hope they got back to you with good news. I have my numeracy and literacy test next week with Greenwich. What was the questions...Any ideas or the type of questions on the tests?

Plead I'm getting so stress. Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marina92)
    Hi, hope they got back to you with good news. I have my numeracy and literacy test next week with Greenwich. What was the questions...Any ideas or the type of questions on the tests?

Plead I'm getting so stress. Thanks in advance.
    Hi,
    Sorry to reply u late. The question that came up in the numeracy test were about multiplication, division,subtraction addition of numbers with decimals ( 0.5+1.1; 9.1x50 etc.) Also long multiplication e.g. 678×35 etc. Then there was also few questions about finding percentage of a number e.g. 30% of 150 or (for example if a dress costed £50 and has been reduced by 20% what will be the new price). There was also about sequences e.g. 2,4,6,8.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Sorry to reply u late. The question that came up in the numeracy test were about multiplication, division,subtraction addition of numbers with decimals ( 0.5+1.1; 9.1x50 etc.) Also long multiplication e.g. 678×35 etc. Then there was also few questions about finding percentage of a number e.g. 30% of 150 or (for example if a dress costed £50 and has been reduced by 20% what will be the new price). There was also about sequences e.g. 2,4,6,8.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

It ok. Thank you so much, will focus on those areas.

How was the literacy test? Any idea on the topic or question?
    Sorry if I'm asking alot...just desperate to get a uni this year.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Marina 92,
    Just to add on the literacy test, they handed us a two page blank booklet and then read out a question to us to write an essay about it.the question was: what qualities are needed in a nurse to provide quality care. But they said that they are always changing the questions. It went very well, I passed my English and missed a pass mark on my numeracy test by 1 or 2 marks and they invited me back to retake the numeracy test but unfortunately I wasn't successful not because it was hard but I had already got an offer from my first choice so tbh my mind wasn't really focusing. Anyway I wish u nothing but the best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marina92)
    It ok. Thank you so much, will focus on those areas.

How was the literacy test? Any idea on the topic or question?
    Sorry if I'm asking alot...just desperate to get a uni this year.
    On literacy just to add read about the 6Cs iam sure they will come handy next week. What they really need to know is just to find out about your spelling, sentence construction and grammar.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Marina 92,
    Just to add on the literacy test, they handed us a two page blank booklet and then read out a question to us to write an essay about it.the question was: what qualities are needed in a nurse to provide quality care. But they said that they are always changing the questions. It went very well, I passed my English and missed a pass mark on my numeracy test by 1 or 2 marks and they invited me back to retake the numeracy test but unfortunately I wasn't successful not because it was hard but I had already got an offer from my first choice so tbh my mind wasn't really focusing. Anyway I wish u nothing but the best!

I really appeciate your help. Thank you. Oh sorry about that...math is not my strength . But I'm doing as much as I can to pass.

Congratulation. I'm glade you had an offer somewhere else. Which uni is it?

ReputationRep:
    Sites that might help u but u can also at others
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebit...ncesrev1.shtml
    https://www.mathsisfun.com/numbers/m...tion-long.html
    Also revise about rounding up the numbers e.g 23745 to a nearest 1000

Sorry for too much info but I was in your position once and I know how it feels not to know what to revise about.

ReputationRep:
    Sites that might help u but u can also at others
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebit...ncesrev1.shtml
    https://www.mathsisfun.com/numbers/m...tion-long.html
    Also revise about rounding up the numbers e.g 23745 to a nearest 1000

Sorry for too much info but I was in your position once and I know how it feels not to know what to revise about.

Thank you so much. Please don't appologise for the info...I need all the help I can find and get.

I wish you the best with you course..you will be a great nurse

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.