Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Trump in FREEFALL as disapproval ratings SOAR Watch

A shocking, unprecedented development. Boom! Both barrels! Take that, Nazis.

In fact, all this is known to have occurred while Trump was tweeting!

That's right, while his approval ratings have been plummeting, Trump was tweeting out his whiney complaints against an American company for not enriching his family.

Just waiting for the brainless Trumpanzees to whine about how he's being unfairly portrayed and how everyone is biased against poor widdle Twump. Apparently this is fake news! Yes, how thin-skinned these people are!

Trump and the alt-right claim they don't care what "SJWs" and "cucks" say, but it's clear they desperately crave the good graces and opinions of the media and progressive left.

Trump supporters are mentally-ill. It's very sad that an angry, loud minority in America has succumbed to this mass psychosis. But I'm not worried in the long-term; Trump is the worst thing that could have happened to the alt-right. It's being discredited right out of the gates. He is such a ham-fisted joke of a president!

Thankfully, Trump will fail. He's learned none of the lessons of Machiavelli. This is why he's already on his way to being the most hated politician in US history.

Trump has no popular support, he has no political capital whatsoever.

The American people are now going to see the alt-right government for what it really is. There will be no "frog in the slowly boiling water", Trump has decided to be completely authoritarian from day 1, and he's going to find out how constrained the American president is in reality.

In short, the victimhood strategy of "Wahhh, the left and the media are being unfwair to us" isn't working. Trump and the right will be discredited for years.

http://www.commondreams.org/news/201...peachment-soar

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear.

Well, show's over, military coup underway in due course.

This, absolutely 100%. What a nuanced post. Can't wait to see the triggered alt-right responses!

Or perhaps they are too scared to make their appearance. Some bad news about Trump? Poor icky wicky Trumptards!

ReputationRep:
    He will claim that the polls are all fake, and that at least 99.999 of the population worship the ground he walks on.

ReputationRep:
    you are fake news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    In short, the victimhood strategy of "Wahhh, the left and the media are being unfwair to us" isn't working.
    Yeah, I suppose if you leave out the fact that Donald Trump is presently the most powerful man on the planet it isn't working at all.

(Original post by WBZ144)
    He will claim that the polls are all fake, and that at least 99.999 of the population worship the ground he walks on.
    PRSOM.

ReputationRep:
    Trump won't ever be removed from office, it will cause mass riots involving a lot of guns and it will make the "holy grail" of democracy look like a shambles.

A d'etat will destroy the states reputation as being the most stable nation in the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AishaGirl)
    Trump won't ever be removed from office, it will cause mass riots involving a lot of guns and it will make the "holy grail" of democracy look like a shambles.

A d'etat will destroy the states reputation as being the most stable nation in the world.
    The "holy grail" of democracy became shambles when the courts appointed Bush as president in 2000. It was shattered when trump won the Electoral college without the popular vote. There definitely won't be a coup d'etat As that would involve overthrowing congress, the courts and tearing up the constitution. But he could well be impeached by congrsss but is that really a good idea? Because then Mike Pence becomes president..…

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    Because then Mike Pence becomes president..…
    Exactly, it's the catch 22 situation lol. If you're going to remove one, you gotta remove the other ya namsayin? :lockstock::ninja:

Maybe not a coup d'etat but anything that involves "removing" him from office will be seen as a weakness within the U.S democratic system. The U.S will do absolutely everything to avoid such embarrassment.

ReputationRep:
    4 years under Trump will do wonders for the left. Let's hope the new movement to kick out the corporatists from the Democratic Party is successful and they can get themselves together for the next election. There's a great opportunity here for them, let's hope they don't waste it on another Shillery "bomb the middle east" Clinton.

Maybe with an actual progressive leader in America, they could be a positive influence on us for once.

ReputationRep:
    The "holy grail" of democracy became shambles when the courts appointed Bush as president in 2000.
    The alternative was Dennis Hastert.

If they had continued counting he would have ended up as acting President, because there is no way the matter would have been resolved by inauguration day,

Basically the problem with the 2000 Florida election was that the margin for error exceeded the margin of victory.

After the election was over, media groups re-counted the state according to the tests selected by the rival sides in the litigation. If they counted according to the standards Bush said should be applied if they counted at all, Gore won but if they counted according to the standards Gore wanted, Bush won.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nulli tertius)
    The alternative was Dennis Hastert.

If they had continued counting he would have ended up as acting President, because there is no way the matter would have been resolved by inauguration day,

Basically the problem with the 2000 Florida election was that the margin for error exceeded the margin of victory.

After the election was over, media groups re-counted the state according to the tests selected by the rival sides in the litigation. If they counted according to the standards Bush said should be applied if they counted at all, Gore won but if they counted according to the standards Gore wanted, Bush won.
    Funny how the only time it's happened was in Florida while his brother was the governor… so Gore let bush win? I just think if you're in a deadlock situation like that let their be a full recount. I can't believe Bush became president on 540 votes tho… wow.

I haven't read into the whole thing, I hope I get the time to one day but from what I have read Gore should've won it.. which means Iraq should've never happened and just imagine the world today…

Also I'm sure that guy is in Prision now? I remember seeing it on a TV a while back

(Original post by Zargabaath)
    4 years under Trump will do wonders for the left. Let's hope the new movement to kick out the corporatists from the Democratic Party is successful and they can get themselves together for the next election. There's a great opportunity here for them, let's hope they don't waste it on another Shillery "bomb the middle east" Clinton.

Maybe with an actual progressive leader in America, they could be a positive influence on us for once.
    With an actual leftist leader in the US, we could be seeing the end of capitalism.

ReputationRep:
    Funny how the only time it's happened was in Florida while his brother was the governor… so Gore let bush win? I just think if you're in a deadlock situation like that let their be a full recount. I can't believe Bush became president on 540 votes tho… wow.

I haven't read into the whole thing, I hope I get the time to one day but from what I have read Gore should've won it.. which means Iraq should've never happened and just imagine the world today…

Also I'm sure that guy is in Prision now? I remember seeing it on a TV a while back
    Yes, Hastert is in gaol. Hush money payments to cover up his sexual abuse of boys.

You could have counted votes to the end of time and not reached a firm answer. This wasn't a case of not counting all the votes. It was a case of to what extent you counted votes that were less than perfect. Different parts of the state applied different standards, in part depending on what technology they used to vote. The number of those disputable votes exceeded the margin for victory.

Just to give an example, in a manual ballot someone who put a tick where they should have put a cross would probably have their vote counted but someone who didn't push a voting machine lever hard enough would leave a "hanging chad" of paper which would not activate the automatic vote counter and so their vote would not be counted. It is a matter of interpretation, not arithmetic, who has won.

Interestingly the government cleverly ensured this couldn't happen with the Brexit vote. A national recount was not allowed. Only regional recounts were allowed. If the national vote was within say a thousand votes, you wouldn't be able to have a recount unless at least one of the regional counts was also very close.

ReputationRep:
    Not like anyone had a choice of who to vote for anyway lol.

ReputationRep:
    Trump is the monkey, Putin is the organ grinder.

ReputationRep:
    With an actual leftist leader in the US, we could be seeing the end of capitalism.
    China and the rest of Asia will have something to say about that.

That said, I hope it isn't a hard left leader, but a progressive one. A principled social democracy would be far superior to communism.

(Original post by Zargabaath)
    That said, I hope it isn't a hard left leader, but a progressive one. A principled social democracy would be far superior to communism.
    Unfollowed

ReputationRep:
    Unfollowed
    Triggered

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.