Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i dont have the right grades to get into medicine and i heard that you can study a postgraduate medical degree after you study clinical sciences or biomedical sciences. i wanted to know if that is even possible and if so how am i able to do this? and which science degree is better to get into medicine
    also, the only university that i know that does clinical sciences is bradford but i dont want to stay in bradford so does anyone know any other uni that does clinical sciences.
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GNHD)
    i dont have the right grades to get into medicine and i heard that you can study a postgraduate medical degree after you study clinical sciences or biomedical sciences. i wanted to know if that is even possible and if so how am i able to do this? and which science degree is better to get into medicine
    also, the only university that i know that does clinical sciences is bradford but i dont want to stay in bradford so does anyone know any other uni that does clinical sciences.
    thank you
    The big selling point of the clinical sciences course at Bradford is that a small number of them can gain entry to year 2 of the Leeds MB ChB, subject to getting the right module grades and meeting some widening participation requirements. The rest still have to complete the course and get a BSc. So make sure you're okay with doing the full degree and staying on at the uni, because from a numbers perspective that's the most likely outcome for the majority of students on that course.

Aside from that, graduate entry courses in medicine don't differentiate between biomedical sciences, clinical sciences, biochemistry etc. If they've asked for a 2:1 in any life sciences degree, that's all they want - there aren't any secret unspoken preferences.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/con...dicine-a-guide

ReputationRep:
    i dont have the right grades to get into medicine and heard about graduate entry medicine, if anyone who is studying medicine through graduate entry can you please explain your journey.
    also did you have to complete the full degree before transferring onto the GEM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GNHD)
    also did you have to complete the full degree before transferring onto the GEM
    Yes, otherwise how can you count as a graduate?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.