The Student Room Group

I want to learn Arabic

I know there are so many different dialects but which is the main one? The one that all of the Arabic speakers can understand even just a little bit. I've always wanted to learn it :smile:

Scroll to see replies

i speak arabic, its hard to narrow down the common dialect. im iraqi so thats what im familiar with but if you go egypt for example it would be a completely different dialect.

do you have any background with arabic?
I'd love to learn Arabic at some point but I'm working on my Spanish atm. :smile:
Original post by sfaraj
i speak arabic, its hard to narrow down the common dialect. im iraqi so thats what im familiar with but if you go egypt for example it would be a completely different dialect.

do you have any background with arabic?

Wow. That's mad. Nah I don't tbh. Just read the Quran that's it
Original post by Cato the Elder
I'd love to learn Arabic at some point but I'm working on my Spanish atm. :smile:

Spanish is just so interesting like I seriously enjoyed learning it at school. How is it going for ya? :smile:
Original post by emerald7770
Spanish is just so interesting like I seriously enjoyed learning it at school. How is it going for ya? :smile:

Pretty well.
Reply 6

What is your ethnicity?
Pretty well.

What have you learnt so far?
Original post by ibby1995
What is your ethnicity?

Somali
Reply 9
Somali

Somalis are Arab :smile:
I know there are so many different dialects but which is the main one? The one that all of the Arabic speakers can understand even just a little bit. I've always wanted to learn it :smile:

Modern Standard Arabic, go for that one. Majority of people understand it i think.

Somalis are black :smile: what ethnicity is yours?
Original post by TheProphetsPath
Modern Standard Arabic, go for that one. Majority of people understand it i think.

Yeah but what is that one? Like what ethnicity speaks Modern Standard Arabic?
Reply 13
Somalis are black :smile: what ethnicity is yours?

Uganda :smile: I am Arab :smile:
Uganda :smile: I am Arab :smile:

So, you speak the language, right??
Reply 15
So, you speak the language, right??

you don't need to speak arabic to be arab:smile:
Yeah but what is that one? Like what ethnicity speaks Modern Standard Arabic?

Arab is an ethnicity btw.
But if u mean countries, a lot of pple from different arab countries speak it. It's like the general one i'm sure.
Reply 17

I am wondering how you came to this conclusion:colondollar:
Reply 18

you only hear it on the news lol.
Arab is an ethnicity btw.
But if u mean countries, a lot of pple from different arab countries speak it. It's like the general one i'm sure.

Okay thanks a Lot :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest