i'll wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palmyra)
    please show me where i insulted muslims

i'll wait
    You're pathetic you know that?
    we were discussing Arabic and Persian
    You bring in Islam and Muslims.
    Your video clearly insults Islam, Muslims follow the religion of Islam, therefore, insulting Religion = insulting and offending its followers.
    No where in my posts did i even mention Islam, why did you bring it up//answer please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss.Unknow)
    You're pathetic you know that?
    we were discussing Arabic and Persian
    You bring in Islam and Muslims.
    only to illustrate the meaning of "marg bar" which you had asked about

therefore, insulting Religion = insulting and offending its followers.
    non sequitur of the year :clap2:

ReputationRep:
    only to illustrate the meaning of "marg bar" which you had asked about

non sequitur of the year :clap2:
    By linking me a video called 'down with Islam'.
    Could've translated it without linking ****
    Smart guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss.Unknow)
    By linking me a video called 'down with Islam'.
    Could've translated it without linking ****
    Smart guy
    what loser has literally reported every one of my posts lmfao - a salty arab no doubt

anyway, time to stop derailing

ma al-salamah

ReputationRep:
    what loser has literally reported every one of my posts lmfao - a salty arab no doubt

anyway, time to stop derailing

ma al-salamah
    Maybe if you stop insulting them they wouldn't report you? Be a nice person maybe? maybe you'll make friends one day
    Ma alf slamah Habibi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raghad.)
    The Egyptian dialect is very common, but I think that the Syrian/Palestinian would be better and a lot easier to understand and learn
    It depends. There are more resources available to learn the Egyptian dialect and it's certainly a lot easier to travel to Egypt to perfect what you've learnt than it would be to get into the Palestinian territories or Syria.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    The moment when a simple thread about learning a language brings out deep seated religious, cultural and racial hatreds by one individual
    :cry2::cry2: He's just deprived of attention and needs friends, i feel bad for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibby1995)
    What point are you making about the middle east? I didn't realise you had to live somewhere to know about it.

So what if it's in Africa? As I said before there are more Arab countries in Africa than Asia. Is Egypt not Arab according to you? haha

What are Arab roots? There's no such thing.

Peace
    he means the semetic ethnicity of arabs- ie the 'race' that came from gulf and arabian peninsula are ethnically arabic, but the language of arabic actually spread outside into africa and mid-east with that arabs conquests and slave trade in nearby regions, imposing arabic to be spoken language. this goes for places like egypt morroco etc, less so in asia where the languages of the indian subcontinent took precedence.

a comparative example would be the ethnic mauri or aborigines that speak english as a result of colonisation - but they wouldnt be ethnically english or caucasian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whatfuture)
    I understand all khaleeji accents and palestinian/jordanian/lebanese/syrian etc but egyptian is actually harder to understand! so many of their words are different and the way they talk is different
    Where are you from? I think anyone from the Maghreb region would have a better grasp of the Egyptian dialect than any of the Levantine ones. Most people in other places like Jordan also have no problem with the Egyptian dialect because of its influence in the realm of media and entertainment, as well as the mass amount of Egyptian expats working there.

ReputationRep:
    If I were to learn any dialect of Arabic it would have to be the Tunisian dialect because you can speak to Maltese people with it lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reformed)
    he means the semetic ethnicity of arabs- ie the 'race' that came from gulf and arabian peninsula are ethnically arabic, but the language of arabic actually spread outside into africa and mid-east with that arabs conquests and slave trade in nearby regions, imposing arabic to be spoken language. this goes for places like egypt morroco etc, less so in asia where the languages of the indian subcontinent took precedence.

a comparative example would be the ethnic mauri or aborigines that speak english as a result of colonisation - but they wouldnt be ethnically english or caucasian
    north africans are not semitic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerald7770)
    I know there are so many different dialects but which is the main one? The one that all of the Arabic speakers can understand even just a little bit. I've always wanted to learn it
    Yes you are exactly right. Arabic has been evolved into many dialects among the Arab Nations. The purest form of Arabic you can find is in the Holy Book of Qur'an. The Arabic in the Qur'an is know as Fusha. If an Arab from Qatar wants to communicate with for example a Syrian, they often communicate in Fusha, since sometimes there's a difficulty in understanding each other's dialects. Okay now coming to how can you learn fusha? Start with learning how to read the Qur'an first. It will ease the process of learning the language by teaching you how to pronunciate each alphabet and the rules of Tajweed which is similar to how long you should say a a letter or words. You can visit a Qur'an teaching center where the teachers would help you a lot in aiding your learning process. Over there they will teach you basic words, the proper way of pronunciation and you can easily catch up with fellow pupils who are learned in the language. I would like to share my own experience on how did I manage to learn Arabic. From my experience, try watching cartoons in Arabic with English subtitles, not only that you will be enjoying it but also the cartoons featured are all in Fusha Arabic. All the best OP and I hope you find learning Arabic fun

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you're understanding what everyone is telling you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    If I were to learn any dialect of Arabic it would have to be the Tunisian dialect because you can speak to Maltese people with it lol
    Lool good luck with learning the Tunisian dialect

ReputationRep:
    H5b1b2

Such a beautiful language
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    H5b1b2

Such a beautiful language
    omg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    omg
    It's like the language of chemists or something

H2o 5hukr4n
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It's like the language of chemists or something

H2o 5hukr4n
    h4b1bt1 CO2

ReputationRep:

no one said they are - i think you are getting yourself obviously confused.

arabic language found itself in north africa, by conquest of the native berbers and other tribes in the region by the arabs under the ummayad caliphates.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.