Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I want to learn Arabic Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rex Onocrotalus)
    Exactly, sometimes I'm put off by the difficulty of the language and how different it would be to learn compared with the other languages I do, but it would open so many doors and I know I'd find learning Arabic so interesting.
    Same here. The thought of how difficult is just makes you not bothered to learn it. Yeah it really would. Good luck I want to live in Doha in the future so learning Arabic will do me a whole lot of good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laughh3)
    Start with a GCSE in Arabic maybe?
    I've already finished my GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    OP WHY IS UR PROFILE PICTURE KSI's RAPE FACE? :puke:
    Im sorry but it's toooooooooooo funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibby1995)
    Somalis are Arab
    Somalia isn't an Arab country lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerald7770)
    I know there are so many different dialects but which is the main one? The one that all of the Arabic speakers can understand even just a little bit. I've always wanted to learn it
    Hey

Coming from an Arabic speaker, in 99% of cases when you want to learn Arabic you start with "fos-ha", or standard Arabic, which is the kind of Arabic they use in the Quran, as well as the one Arabs usually use in writing (aka. the posh Arabic). In the vast majority of Arab countries, if you use it in dialect they will understand you Dialects do vary massively between each Arab country though, so it really does depend on what country you want to focus on/travel to. I would advise you start with fos-ha for the basics and then move onto the dialect of your choosing for speaking skills.

I moved to Egypt 2 years ago, have any questions at all don't hesitate to PM me. Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabby888)
    Hey

Coming from an Arabic speaker, in 99% of cases when you want to learn Arabic you start with "fos-ha", or standard Arabic, which is the kind of Arabic they use in the Quran, as well as the one Arabs usually use in writing (aka. the posh Arabic). In the vast majority of Arab countries, if you use it in dialect they will understand you Dialects do vary massively between each Arab country though, so it really does depend on what country you want to focus on/travel to. I would advise you start with fos-ha for the basics and then move onto the dialect of your choosing for speaking skills.

I moved to Egypt 2 years ago, have any questions at all don't hesitate to PM me. Best of luck
    You're so sweet, will do. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Somalis are Arab
    lol this isn't true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by childofthesun)
    Lool good luck with learning the Tunisian dialect
    is it notoriously hard??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boondock Saint)
    Which one? There are numerous dialects that are spoken in Saudi Arabia.
    The dialect the Saudi ****bois use when they try to hit you up in the street :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerald7770)
    Im sorry but it's toooooooooooo funny

:slap::slap::slap::slap:

ReputationRep:
    My mother language is Arabic ، Since long time I try to improve my English and learn more about it , Now I try contact with people speak English, I think I should learn each other , I am teach you Arabic and you teach me English .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afraah)
    My mother language is Arabic ، Since long time I try to improve my English and learn more about it , Now I try contact with people speak English, I think I should learn each other , I am teach you Arabic and you teach me English .
    This is exactly what I did. I learned to speak in Arabic with my friend to whom I taught English

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boondock Saint)
    Where are you from? I think anyone from the Maghreb region would have a better grasp of the Egyptian dialect than any of the Levantine ones. Most people in other places like Jordan also have no problem with the Egyptian dialect because of its influence in the realm of media and entertainment, as well as the mass amount of Egyptian expats working there.
    I am from the Levantine region but I grew up in the Khaleej, so I guess that's why I can't understand Egyptian that well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabby888)
    Somalia isn't an Arab country lol
    (Original post by _princessxox)
    lol this isn't true
    Why not? Somalis are fully Arab.

ReputationRep:
    Why not? Somalis are fully Arab.
    Loool no they're not, I'm Arab lmao I would know

ReputationRep:
    Loool no they're not, I'm Arab lmao I would know
    So am I. Explain why not.

ReputationRep:
    So am I. Explain why not.
    Where are you from then lmao? I don't consider anyone who isn't from the Middle East Arab countries to be fully Arab anyway with some exceptions. Somalis have no Arab culture Somalis are AFRICAN lol learn geography

ReputationRep:
    Where are you from then lmao? I don't consider anyone who isn't from the Middle East Arab countries to be fully Arab anyway with some exceptions. Somalians have no Arab culture Somalians are AFRICAN lol learn geography
    hahaha Egypt is also in Africa you're the one who should learn geography hahaha

ReputationRep:
    hahaha Egypt is also in Africa you're the one who should learn geography hahaha
    When did I say anything about that looool I know where Egypt is I said SOME exceptions for example Egypt, you can't claim to be Arab if you're Somali like why are you guys so desperate to be Arab when you're not???

ReputationRep:
    When did I say anything about that looool I know where Egypt is I said SOME exceptions for example Egypt, you can't claim to be Arab if you're Somali like why are you guys so desperate to be Arab when you're not???
    Why are Egyptians Arab???

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.