Core science = B
    Additional science = B
    Further science = A
    RS = A*
    German = A
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Although the page is a little out of date, all of the requirements for dentistry schools can be found here. You should double check on UCAS or university websites, but it looks like those grades will be fine for quite a few places. Just be sure to ace your A levels when it comes to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiracleLeaf)
    Maths = A
    Statistics = A
    English lang = B
    English lit = A*
    History = A
    Art = B
    ICT = A
    Core science = B
    Additional science = B
    Further science = A
    RS = A*
    German = A

Those GCSE grades a fine. As long as you get good A-level results the universities wont focus much on GCSEs at all. I know several people who got into top dental universities like King’s and QMUL with mediocre GCSE grades but really good Alevels.
    al";

ReputationRep:
    hi, I got 1A* 5A's and 3B's at GCSE. I then went on to only do 3 AS's but at the end of it all I came out with 2A*'s and 1A in my A2's. I made the decision to take a year out instead of going straight to uni as I thought my chances of getting an interview/offer where slim. It has turned out to be the best decision I made as I have tons of work experience now and also got all 4 interviews! If you are really passionate about dentistry there is always the option to take a year out and focus on getting the right alevel grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teukwonjae707)
    Those GCSE grades a fine. As long as you get good A-level results the universities wont focus much on GCSEs at all. I know several people who got into top dental universities like King’s and QMUL with mediocre GCSE grades but really good Alevels.
    al";
    Little Tail Chaser What about Plymouth uni? What are the best things I could do to get into Plymouth?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Little Tail Chaser What about Plymouth uni? What are the best things I could do to get into Plymouth?
    You're better off looking at their website, but it will be more or less the same as other dental schools. Good grades, a mix of extra-curricular activities and a well-written PS :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    You're better off looking at their website, but it will be more or less the same as other dental schools. Good grades, a mix of extra-curricular activities and a well-written PS :yep:
    Okay, their website doesn't specify specific GCSEs, but what's their reputation for it? Like what do they specifically look for in applicants?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Okay, their website doesn't specify specific GCSEs, but what's their reputation for it? Like what do they specifically look for in applicants?
    I recommend asking in the Dentistry or Plymouth University forums

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.