Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am an undergraduate with the University of London International Programme, BSc in Business and Management. These are the programmes which I applied

Warwick Business School - MSc in International Business (Holding an offer)

University of Edinburgh Business School - MSc in International Business and Emerging Markets (Holding an offer)

Currently, I am waiting for replies from the following schools on these courses

King's College London - MSc in International Management

Manchester Business School - MSc in International Business and Management

London School of Economics - MSc International Political Economy

Can anyone give me their opinions as to how Warwick Business School will fare in terms of international reputation and employability when compared to University of Edinburgh Business School?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AkatsukiZetsu)
    I am an undergraduate with the University of London International Programme, BSc in Business and Management. These are the programmes which I applied

Warwick Business School - MSc in International Business (Holding an offer)

University of Edinburgh Business School - MSc in International Business and Emerging Markets (Holding an offer)

Currently, I am waiting for replies from the following schools on these courses

King's College London - MSc in International Management

Manchester Business School - MSc in International Business and Management

London School of Economics - MSc International Political Economy

Can anyone give me their opinions as to how Warwick Business School will fare in terms of international reputation and employability when compared to University of Edinburgh Business School?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!
    I imagine most people on this site don't really have any idea about the international reputation of UK universities. I have heard good things about Warwick, and Edinburgh is fairly well known in North America... I don't think you can really go wrong with either. Perhaps you could do some LinkedIn stalking to see where recent graduates from Warwick and Edinburgh end up working?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Reputation doesn't mean much unless you're planning to work in a country where it does in which case check what employers in that country think of the unis. Otherwise just pick the course that interests you most. The uni itself should be able to tell you where grads end up and may be able to put you in touch with current or former students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    I imagine most people on this site don't really have any idea about the international reputation of UK universities. I have heard good things about Warwick, and Edinburgh is fairly well known in North America... I don't think you can really go wrong with either. Perhaps you could do some LinkedIn stalking to see where recent graduates from Warwick and Edinburgh end up working?
    I hope to work in UK for a couple of years (in either consultancy or research) and ultimately, move back home to Singapore in the long run. Will run through LinkedIn to have a better understanding of the prospects of these universities.

Thanks for the advice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    Reputation doesn't mean much unless you're planning to work in a country where it does in which case check what employers in that country think of the unis. Otherwise just pick the course that interests you most. The uni itself should be able to tell you where grads end up and may be able to put you in touch with current or former students.
    I found where the graduates of these universities end up in but I need more specific information. I hope to have more information on where exactly each degree can lead you to.

Currently, I am trying to find where the graduates of the MSc in International Business from Warwick Business School and the MSc in International Business and Emerging Markets end up at.

Hopefully, some people can shed light in this forum. In the meantime, I will look towards that avenue to learn more, thanks!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AkatsukiZetsu)
    I found where the graduates of these universities end up in but I need more specific information. I hope to have more information on where exactly each degree can lead you to.

Currently, I am trying to find where the graduates of the MSc in International Business from Warwick Business School and the MSc in International Business and Emerging Markets end up at.

Hopefully, some people can shed light in this forum. In the meantime, I will look towards that avenue to learn more, thanks!
    There's no "exact" about it. It's up to you where you go.

As Smack said, you can use sites like LinkedIn to see where alumni go, and you can even search specifically for your course at each university and see who has gone on to McKinsey, Bain, BCG or wherever.

And I can pretty much guarantee there will be alumni from your future course/university combinations at all those employers.

But that doesn't mean you will, or won't, go there too. The course and the university is just one part of your future career.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.