Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

POLL: How do you feel about Jeremy Corbyn? Watch

• View Poll Results: How do you feel about Jeremy?
    Favourable
    29.09%
    Unfavourable
    70.91%

ReputationRep:
    He is a nice guy, but he is incredibly useless. Jon Cruddas or Dan Jarvis for leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleky6910)
    Hopefully she succeeds him as leader.
    With Corbyn we'll win about 35 seats. If Abbot was leader will win 3 seats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STEMisSuperior.)
    Wrong.
    Even still he has ideas but they don't work, if I can remember john McDonnell couldn't even add up His budget, now isn't the time to increase taxes it has too many side effects. The biggest issue is he isn't a man of consensus, he'll drive through his radical program even when it's failing, he won't sit down and work with others, he can't unite people.. it'd be a broken government and one that struggles to make things better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedManc)
    He is a nice guy, but he is incredibly useless. Jon Cruddas or Dan Jarvis for leader
    No , Diane Abott for leader so the tories can get a bigger majority!

ReputationRep:
    With Corbyn we'll win about 35 seats. If Abbot was leader will win 3 seats.
    Is that win 35 seats as in lose 200?

ReputationRep:
    No , Diane Abott for leader so the tories can get a bigger majority!
    Never. If you want a democracy. The tories will have to lose at some point.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    at least he bothered to wear a tie.
    The Dapper Destroyer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    Is that win 35 seats as in lose 200?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    That's not Corbyn. It's Harold Shipman. A very unsuccessful doctor.
    Are you sure?

ReputationRep:
    Never. If you want a democracy. The tories will have to lose at some point.
    They don't have to , as long people vote them in , it's a democracy , look at how many terms Roosevelt had. anyway if their in for long enough labour will eventually turn centrist/ centre right ( like they did in 97)

ReputationRep:
    They don't have to , as long people vote them in , it's a democracy , look at how many terms Roosevelt had. anyway if their in for long enough labour will eventually turn centrist/ centre right ( like they did in 97)
    No, we need Blue Labour. Economically left wing. Socially right wing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    So un-electable that no one can beat him in an election. Funny that.
    He's un-electable to the UK electorate. Since 2015 the labour membership became skewed after mass joinings from momentum and tory's… anyone can win an election if the voters are skewed in your favour and these people aren't representative of the UK population at all except for themselves. Sadly that support isn't the case for the wider electorate (many of his supporters aren't even of 18 so if an election were held today they couldn't vote.)
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melancholy)
    Are you sure?
    100% - this is where the image was sourced from:
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/130...s-last-letters
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Melancholy)

Favourable or unfavourable?
    TSR @ its finest. nice photo. Goes well with the Tennis thread.

ReputationRep:
    No, we need Blue Labour. Economically left wing. Socially right wing.
    Exactly the opposite of what I stand for , except I actually have evidence , stronger arguments and basic intelligence .
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by jneill)
    100% - this is where the image was sourced from:
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/130...s-last-letters
    I thought there was a chance it was a trick. Oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    He's un-electable to the UK electorate. Since 2015 the labour membership became skewed after mass joinings from momentum and tory's… anyone can win an election if the voters are skewed in your favour and these people aren't representative of the UK population at all except for themselves. Sadly that support isn't the case for the wider electorate (many of his supporters aren't even of 18 so if an election were held today they couldn't vote.)
    According to anti-corbyn propaganda there were mass joinings of people who wanted to vote against corbyn.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly the opposite of what I stand for , except I actually have evidence , stronger arguments and basic intelligence .
    Exactly, you represent the rich elitist, while I represent the working man.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, you represent the rich elitist, while I represent the working man.

No actually if you understood economics which on several occasions you have demonstrated you don't, you would realise why the babble you splurt out is complete nonsense, every single time I have dismantled your arguments with the facts yet you still go around making big statements. I am not rich , I am just clever , far smarter than you. You have not demonstrated for one second you know what your talking about. The left is loosing all around the world and will continue to do so. Capitalism is the better system which has lifted people out of poverty . I believe in equal opportunity , you believe in equal outcome., you would rather the poor were poorer provided the rich were less rich, that's a typical liberal policy, you don't create wealth and opportunity that way- Magaret Thatcher

ReputationRep:
    Even still he has ideas but they don't work, if I can remember john McDonnell couldn't even add up His budget, now isn't the time to increase taxes it has too many side effects. The biggest issue is he isn't a man of consensus, he'll drive through his radical program even when it's failing, he won't sit down and work with others, he can't unite people.. it'd be a broken government and one that struggles to make things better.
    Your argument is very generic and it's no surprise given that you didnt have a clue about Corbyn's policies. Corbyn's main issue now is leftist MPs that are trying to sabotage brexit. This argument is about Corbyn and the only people causing an imbalance within labour is rebellious front seat labour MPs

I do admit though that the future of labour will have to be some sort of neo conservative system under someone like Umunna.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.