Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

London Universities only accepting mixed race applicants? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Do universities like KCL, UCL and QMUL and the like make it their priority to recruit applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds i.e. mixed race (half black/white/coffee coloured) etc. Does it fit in with their branding better? I ask because there's a lot of mixed people in their advertising, though I suppose white people are a minority in London now? Don't get me wrong, I'm not prejudice - my last girlfriend was mixed. I'm just curious.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, they hate white people and want more non whites

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John34x)
    Do universities like KCL, UCL and QMUL and the like make it their priority to recruit applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds i.e. mixed race (half black/white/coffee coloured) etc. Does it fit in with their branding better? I ask because there's a lot of mixed people in their advertising, though I suppose white people are a minority in London now? Don't get me wrong, I'm not prejudice - my last girlfriend was mixed. I'm just curious.
    no theres none of that its just that most ethnic minorities arent trying to go uni in the countryside with over 95% white populations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STEMisSuperior.)
    Yes, they hate white people and want more non whites
    I don't think that's quite true. Thank you for replying though.

ReputationRep:
    advertising for pretty much anything won't be filled with just one or two races/gender/hair colour/height etc it is a marketing strategy to appear multi cultural and diverse and inviting for everyone. If you're good enough, you'll get in no matter who you are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren1498x)
    advertising for pretty much anything won't be filled with just one or two races/gender/hair colour/height etc it is a marketing strategy to appear multi cultural and diverse and inviting for everyone. If you're good enough, you'll get in no matter who you are
    Ah, so it's to make the most money possible? That makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Qmul attract alot of muslim students because the area of mile end has a high population of muslims. KCL and UCL are top unis which asians want to target. This question is better elucidated if there are some stats as to what the proportion of ethnicity apply to which unis.

ReputationRep:
    I'm at UCL and basically everyone is white or asian. So I'd say no.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Yeah don't apply if you're not mixed race, waste of a UCAS choice

ReputationRep:
    though I suppose white people are a minority in London now?
    I can't tell if this post is a meme but here we go...

I'll leave this here: http://webarchive.nationalarchives.g...opulation.html.

University it's a positive discrimination scheme. KCL and UCL have a lot of international students because they are top universities which a lot of people are willing to travel to for their studies.

It's a pretty typical thing as far as prospectus material and advertising goes to include people from different backgrounds as they would like to be inclusive and not make anybody feel like they're not welcome/would not fit in to the university.

Also, having a girlfriend who was mixed doesn't mean that you can't be prejudice. Don't mean to burst your bubble

ReputationRep:
    All our academic institutions are in cahoots with the globalist/zionists. They wanna turn London in to some sort of rainy Singapore and have a total contempt for the long standing, respectable native middle class peoples of this country. "Cuz deres not lakh enuf opportunities n dat yeah for black peepul yeah"....fack off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Re-Humanisation)
    All our academic institutions are in cahoots with the globalist/zionists. They wanna turn London in to some sort of rainy Singapore and have a total contempt for the long standing, respectable native middle class peoples of this country. "Cuz deres not lakh enuf opportunities n dat yeah for black peepul yeah"....fack off
    ...Or maybe it's because foreign students are both smarter and pay more in tuition fees? The irony of what you've said is that allowing foreign students will mean more money for unis which actually end up being reimbursed into bursaries for british students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Re-Humanisation)
    shut up bruv
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    KCL: https://www.ucas.com/file/90501/download?token=ezi3efCd
    QMUL: https://www.ucas.com/file/90661/download?token=L4f7Pu1H
    UCL: https://www.ucas.com/file/90831/download?token=Xpl5x0ku

Page 10 on each report, lower graph shows how the offer rates vary from what's expected based on predicted grades.
    https://www.ucas.com/corporate/data-...d-ethnic-group

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.