Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What are the best A-levels to do law at university, even though there are no required subjects.
    I am currently doing History, Maths and Chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    Mathematics is always good, shows you have good analytical skill.

History is a must have in my opinion.

For the 3rd option I'd chose psychology or English language.

ReputationRep:
    It honestly doesn't matter, so pick the subjects you like best. The only thing that does matter is that you get stellar grades in whatever you are studying, this is less likely to happen if you are studying what you think you should rather than what you want to. I'm an A2 student studying Chemistry, Biology, and Maths and currently have 4 offers for law (only waiting on Bristol) - proving that someone doing sciences and not humanities is not at any disadvantage, and actually applauded for choosing some of the hardest A levels on offer. In fact, law schools will often look down on 'soft subjects' such as psychology, Politics or sociology which are arguably more linked to law.

ReputationRep:
    You'd find it a lot easier to face your LNAT/ CLT (Cambridge law test) if you do Eng lit (class civ, or history). Humanities may not give you an adv when unis consider your applications but the practical skills will assist you in performing well in admission tests as well as the real deal in university.
    Then again good grades are always far more important than the actual subjects; so just do what you think you will do well in.

Spoiler:
    Show

Source: A2 student with law offers from Cambridge, LSE, UCL and Warwick (still waiting on King's)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.