Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im doing OCR A biology and Im struggling at the moment i feel as if I know the content but when it comes to exams ill end up doing something wrong. How do you guys revise for biology?

ReputationRep:
    Oh hey! I'm also doing OCR A Biology. How much topic wise have you revised

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MBas)
    Oh hey! I'm also doing OCR A Biology. How much topic wise have you revised
    Well I've covered all of module 2 and 3. Im just really stuggling to grasp biomolecules, biomembranes and cell divsion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mk_cbc)
    Well I've covered all of module 2 and 3. Im just really stuggling to grasp biomolecules, biomembranes and cell divsion.
    Hello, I studied my A-level biology 3 years ago. I am now on placement from uni as a college biology technician. These are some ideas I've picked up from how they teach these topics.

Biomolecules - draw the structures of all of the molecules that you have to learn and stick them on your wall. Make some brief notes of put with each molecules and stick those on your wall too. It's the kind of topic you just have to keep going over until it is well and truley stuck in your head.

Biomembranes - I remember making a 3D biomembrane with all the different types of membrane protein. It really helped me to visualise it.

Cell division - try creating the different stages out of plasticine. Also, draw picture of the different stages and try to putting them in order and saying what happens at each stage.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2007PSanHa)
    Hello, I studied my A-level biology 3 years ago. I am now on placement from uni as a college biology technician. These are some ideas I've picked up from how they teach these topics.

Biomolecules - draw the structures of all of the molecules that you have to learn and stick them on your wall. Make some brief notes of put with each molecules and stick those on your wall too. It's the kind of topic you just have to keep going over until it is well and truley stuck in your head.

Biomembranes - I remember making a 3D biomembrane with all the different types of membrane protein. It really helped me to visualise it.

Cell division - try creating the different stages out of plasticine. Also, draw picture of the different stages and try to putting them in order and saying what happens at each stage.

Hope this helps!
    Thankkk youuu so much and do you have any advice for improving exam techniques as well?

ReputationRep:
    AS or A2 lvl?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stalker.)
    AS or A2 lvl?
    we dont do AS exams anymore but yeah i guess AS

ReputationRep:
    I agree I would consider completing your notes for that section and make revision cards. And read your notes before you go sleep / or revise using revision cards on the go. Watch videos to thoroughly understand, they're quite helpful!

ReputationRep:
    Im doing OCR A biology and Im sturggling at the moment i feel as if I know the content but when it comes to exams ill end up doing something wrong. How do you guys revise for biology?
    I'm strugglng too ngl. To revise for Biology atm I'm making/learning flashcards and I find watching videos really useful. Someone made Biology videos on YouTube, it's for the old spec but it all links to our spec tbh and it was good for last minute revision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romansholiday)
    I'm strugglng too ngl. To revise for Biology atm I'm making/learning flashcards and I find watching videos really useful. Someone made Biology videos on YouTube, it's for the old spec but it all links to our spec tbh and it was good for last minute revision.
    Really?? please could you tell me their channel? thankyouuuu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MBas)
    I agree I would consider completing your notes for that section and make revision cards. And read your notes before you go sleep / or revise using revision cards on the go. Watch videos to thoroughly understand, they're quite helpful!
    All my notes are completed i think its my exam technique its not good atm.

ReputationRep:
    Thankkk youuu so much and do you have any advice for improving exam techniques as well?
    Probably make sure you know what is wanted from the different types of question eg name, state, describe, explain etc.

Do all of the past papers and pay a lot of attention to the mark scheme. I found the examiner reports really useful!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.