The Student Room Group

National Probation Service Recruitment Process

Scroll to see replies

Could you please give some more information on the writtn exam
Hi guys just had an e-mail similar to others:

'Thank you for your continued patience while we consider your application.

Please be aware that all candidate responses are reviewed and marked before we are able to inform individuals of the next step in the process.

We are writing to reassure you that your application is still very much under consideration and we anticipate that we will be able to advise you whether or not you have been successful in reaching the next stage by the end of February.

In the meantime, we are interested in receiving your feedback on how you have found the recruitment process to date. Please complete the online survey here.'

Still not been offcially told that I have passed the decsion making test.
As a successfull candidate of pqip (currently 2 1/2 months into job my advice is no news is good news. It is a long process especially after assessment days. Good luck everyone
Original post by Wh1tewolf1829

Please be aware that all candidate responses are reviewed and marked before we are able to inform individuals of the next step in the process.

We are writing to reassure you that your application is still very much under consideration and we anticipate that we will be able to advise you whether or not you have been successful in reaching the next stage by the end of February.

In the meantime, we are interested in receiving your feedback on how you have found the recruitment process to date. Please complete the online survey here.'

Yes, I had this exact same email this afternoon, too. Not long to go now - we’re nearly there xxx
Original post by katiew2017
As a successfull candidate of pqip (currently 2 1/2 months into job my advice is no news is good news. It is a long process especially after assessment days. Good luck everyone

Thank you for your reply and congratulations on your post, I hope you’re enjoying it. It’s such a long wait already - I can only imagine how frustrating it is after assessment and vetting. This week with the children being off school for half term, it’s taken my mind off the application which is good as I submitted mine too early and I’ve made myself anxious. Hope you’re enjoying it so far xx
Original post by Taimore
Could you please give some more information on the writtn exam

Information will be provided on the day :-).
UPDATE:

I am about to start the academic part of the PQIP programme, ie university, alongside the day job. So things are set to get a little busy.
Happy to answer any PQIP related questions anyone may have, apart from specifics of the assessment day.

PS: Good luck to those waiting for responses to their assessments. It is a long drawn out process, but keep going. Don’t be disheartened if you’re not successful on this occasion, reapply again / keep trying! Perseverance will pay off! :-)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by DancinBallerina
UPDATE:

I am about to start the academic part of the PQIP programme, ie university, alongside the day job. So things are set to get a little busy.
Happy to answer any PQIP related questions anyone may have, apart from specifics of the assessment day.thank you and good luck on your next stage in the PQip xx

PS: Good luck to those waiting for responses to their assessments. It is a long drawn out process, but keep going. Don’t be disheartened if you’re not successful on this occasion, reapply again / keep trying! Perseverance will pay off! :-)

Thank you and good luck on the next stage of the PQIP
I was just wondering for the situational judgment test.. Did you choose more than one 'good' or 'bad' outcome or did you have o choose in order from 'good to bad' on each situation?
Hi pho3nix. From my take on it you could have more than 1 good choice and same for a bad choice. Although I'm still to hear back on the decision test and I submitted it on the 9th of Jan.

My email is worded slightly different maybe because I have been told I passed the SJT?
This is what I received

‘Thank you for taking the time to complete the competency and online test. Please be aware that all candidate responses are reviewed and marked before we are able to inform individuals of the next step in the process. Your application is still very much under consideration and we will be in touch with you by the end of February with further information. While we are considering your application please ‘like’ our Facebook page to follow us and receive news and updates on the PQIP Intake 4 programme. If you have any queries, we are happy to help so please contact us on 0808 164 9883 or email [email protected]. Kind regards, HMPPS Recruitment Team Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service’
Reply 331
Should I be worried that I haven't had a single email since receiving this:

''Thank you for completing your online Decision Making Test.

We are pleased to tell you that you met the required criteria and have been progressed to the next stage of the application process.

The competency responses that you completed as part of your application form are now being reviewed.

We will update you with next steps by mid-February.

Thank you for your patience as we review your competency responses.

Kind regards,
HMPPS Recruitment Team
Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service''
Original post by tashapeak
My email is worded slightly different maybe because I have been told I passed the SJT?
This is what I received

‘Thank you for taking the time to complete the competency and online test. Please be aware that all candidate responses are reviewed and marked before we are able to inform individuals of the next step in the process. Your application is still very much under consideration and we will be in touch with you by the end of February with further information. While we are considering your application please ‘like’ our Facebook page to follow us and receive news and updates on the PQIP Intake 4 programme. If you have any queries, we are happy to help so please contact us on 0808 164 9883 or email [email protected]. Kind regards, HMPPS Recruitment Team Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service’

Yea I got a similar e-mail but eariler on around the 15th of jan which said the following:

'Thank you for taking the time to complete the competency and online test.

Your application is still very much under consideration and we will be in touch with you by mid-February with further information.

While we are considering your application please ‘like’ our Facebook page to follow us and receive news and updates on the PQIP Intake 4 programme.'
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by RB2013

We are pleased to tell you that you met the required criteria and have been progressed to the next stage of the application process.

The competency responses that you completed as part of your application form are now being reviewed.

Kind regards,
HMPPS Recruitment Team

It sounds like you passed the initial stage and are just waiting for your competency questions to be reviewed now, which they’ve said will be end of February. Give them a ring or email if you’re worried and well done for passing the first stage. Xx
Original post by RB2013

Kind regards,
HMPPS Recruitment Team

That’s the only email I had up until today when I got the one saying that I will hear what the next steps are by the end of feb and my competency questions are still being reviewed so I wouldn’t worry!
Yea I got a similar e-mail but eariler on around the 15th of jan which said the following:

'Thank you for taking the time to complete the competency and online test.

Your application is still very much under consideration and we will be in touch with you by mid-February with further information.

While we are considering your application please ‘like’ our Facebook page to follow us and receive news and updates on the PQIP Intake 4 programme.'

Oh ok. I guess these are the different emails we all get a different stages. Your application must be further along! I didn’t submit mine until the after the 20th of Jan! The wait is killing me!!
Has anyone heard anything? Somene on the FB page has just said they spoke to recruitment this morning. Apparently some will hear today but majority next week or possibly week after.
Reply 337
That's odd...I got the second email yesterday about thanks for patience still very much under consideration etc. I wonder why some today..what was the last email you got?
Original post by Rosemary1964
Has anyone heard anything? Somene on the FB page has just said they spoke to recruitment this morning. Apparently some will hear today but majority next week or possibly week after.
Original post by sop151
That's odd...I got the second email yesterday about thanks for patience still very much under consideration etc. I wonder why some today..what was the last email you got?

I've not had a email since 15/02 saying pretty much the same thing. I applied 19/01 And passed the SJT a few days later. Feels like I've been waiting forever lol x
Reply 339
I just gave a call as I'm not on fb and she just said same thing still being processed but will hear by end of month..?
Original post by Rosemary1964
I've not had a email since 15/02 saying pretty much the same thing. I applied 19/01 And passed the SJT a few days later. Feels like I've been waiting forever lol x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending