Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf02)
    Oh yes and mine..thats awesome, I will be based in west Brom and you?
    I'm Warwickshire. I'm not sure if some offices are having a couple of newbies or if it's one per office..

ReputationRep:
    Ok alright I'm not to sure either. Guess we will find out on the day ! It would be nice to have a few people starting at the same time 🙂

ReputationRep:
    I'll be based in Wimbledon...
    (Original post by Saf02)
    Ok alright I'm not to sure either. Guess we will find out on the day ! It would be nice to have a few people starting at the same time 🙂

ReputationRep:
    Did you guys get a conditional offer pending vetting?
    (Original post by CoriUK)
    I'll be based in Wimbledon...

Congrats to those of you who got positions...

ReputationRep:
      Hi
      I was wondering the same thing, have just done the online pre employment checks and waiting to hear what's needed next. Would be great to hear from someone who is has gone through the vettting process. Cori

th[qQUOTE=lacrymosa146;73533260]Hi,

Can anyone tell me what level of vetting this job requires? Do the vetting forms ask for information about family members?[/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
      Hey,

I have completed my pre employment form as well. I was told that we will have to fill out a medical questionnaire, that could possibly be the next step and hopefully that is it!!

ReputationRep:
      Hi
      I agree hopefully that's it...great to have some people to talk to that are going through the same process.
      Cheers
      Cori
      (Original post by Saf02)
      Hey,

I have completed my pre employment form as well. I was told that we will have to fill out a medical questionnaire, that could possibly be the next step and hopefully that is it!!

ReputationRep:
      Hi! I have my assessment day next week in Manchester and was wondering if all of yous that have just recently been offered the position can give me any advice regarding the face to face interview questions, is it purely just competency based questions on the competencies they have mentioned or do they add anything extra in? I come from an admin background for working within mental health trusts for NHS so I was so suprised to get this far! Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm desperate to get this job! Thanks.

ReputationRep:
      Hi, I'm off for my assessment day tomorrow, I wasn't nervous until reading these posts lol, have you been for yours yet? if so how was it and can you tell me anything you think I'd find useful? Regards Rachel

ReputationRep:
      1. Hi, I'm off for my assessment day tomorrow, I wasn't nervous until reading these posts lol, have you been for yours yet? if so how was it and can you tell me anything you think I'd find useful? Regards Rachel

(Original post by katy_160794)
      Hi! I have my assessment day next week in Manchester and was wondering if all of yous that have just recently been offered the position can give me any advice regarding the face to face interview questions, is it purely just competency based questions on the competencies they have mentioned or do they add anything extra in? I come from an admin background for working within mental health trusts for NHS so I was so suprised to get this far! Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm desperate to get this job! Thanks.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by flahertyr96)
      1. Hi, I'm off for my assessment day tomorrow, I wasn't nervous until reading these posts lol, have you been for yours yet? if so how was it and can you tell me anything you think I'd find useful? Regards Rachel
      My assessment day is tomorrow as well so I'm still in the same position as yourself, very nervous now!

ReputationRep:
      I was recently offered a PSO position after completing the assessment. My advice ... Just be yourselves and have good examples to use in the interview.
      Good luck

ReputationRep:
      Hello- congratulations to those who were accepted! My assessment day is next month, little while to go yet but nervous already especially about the group task- can I ask if anyone has any tips for it or just to share their experience?
      Thank you!

ReputationRep:
      Hi Guys!I attended my assessment day a couple of weeks ago in Manchester and the best advice I could give to you all still waiting is RELAX!! I actually really really enjoyed the day :-) The interview was very informal and felt like a conversation....you aren't having questions fired at you. The written task.....Yes it was hard. Its a pressured situation but you can only do your best and go from your own judgement. The group exercise is fun! Let yourself be heard but don't over shout and talk over people, its a group discussion, not a dictatorship!! :-) I cant stress enough how much of a good experience it was and whatever the outcome, you can still take away the experience and try again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a successful outcome......we were told that we weren't going to find out until end of October!! Longest job application in the world haha Good luck all!!! x

ReputationRep:
      Hi you were asking about the vetting process. Wanted to ask how you sew getting on? Have you received your health questionnaire as I haven't yet.
      Thanks
      Cori

]_!}|
      (Original post by lacrymosa146)
      Hi,

Can anyone tell me what level of vetting this job requires? Do the vetting forms ask for information about family members?

ReputationRep:
      Hi Cori,

I'm still waiting for the health questionnaire too, most of the people that I'm speaking with are waiting too..hoping to get an update soon.

ReputationRep:
      Thank you that's reassuring. As far as I understand we still start the job even if vetting not complete so trying not to worry too much. It just seems to be taking so long.
      Let's keep in touch guys
      Cori
      🌸
      (Original post by Saf02)
      Hi Cori,

I'm still waiting for the health questionnaire too, most of the people that I'm speaking with are waiting too..hoping to get an update soon.

ReputationRep:
      I did my medical questionnaire over a week ago and heard nothing! I'm going with no news is good news! I have already had to give my notice in at work as my period is 12 weeks!
      I would just love an email to say it's all going through keep waiting. It has been a waiting game all along. I know it will be worth it

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by lacrymosa146)
      Medical questionnaire? Do they look at your medical records? I had an episode of depression 15 years ago. Will that hold me back?
      The form I completed concentrated on the past 2 years, don't worry.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.