The Student Room Group

National Probation Service Recruitment Process

Scroll to see replies

Hi I am attending an assessment in London next week for a PSO role cohort 4. Apparently my assessment is the last one of the assessment days. Just wondering how long I am likely to wait to receive an answer?
Original post by Gizzy161
Hi I am attending an assessment in London next week for a PSO role cohort 4. Apparently my assessment is the last one of the assessment days. Just wondering how long I am likely to wait to receive an

We received an email stating within 15 working days. However, according to the experiences of others..could be as quick as 6 days. Good luck.
You don't have an assessment centre for Case Administration roles. It's just a competency based interview.
Original post by Alan88
You don't have an assessment centre for Case Administration roles. It's just a competency based interview.

I think she means, as a Case Administrator, who applied for PSO / PQIP, she was unsuccessful? :dontknow:
Original post by DancinBallerina
I think she means, as a Case Administrator, who applied for PSO / PQIP, she was unsuccessful? :dontknow:

No, she said higher up the thread she had an interview for a Case Administrator position.
Original post by Lucy Moo
Correct :smile:

:smile:

If you really want to work in Probation my advice would be to keep trying. Always ask for feedback on your interviews and try and take the direction they give you.

I had three interviews before I was finally successful. The first time I was the second best candidate. The second time I was also the second best candidate (though weeks later they called and offered me the post but I declined) and third time I was again the second best candidate (they called me weeks later and offered me the post which I accepted this time).

Each time I just tried to use the feedback they had given me constructively to try and develop my skills and be able to offer what they were looking for.

Keep at it if you really want it. Volunteering with organisations such as SOVA is always very well received by Probation. You could maybe look at that if you have some free time to spare.
Original post by Alan88
No, she said higher up the thread she had an interview for a Case Administrator position.

Ahhhh, hadn’t seen that. Apologies.
Hi all, I have just completed my DMT today for the train to be a probation officer scheme and eagerly await my results. Does anyone know how long this is likely to take ?

Also I have recently completed an assessment centre for a probation officer level 1 with SWMCRC. This was on the 6th July in Birmingham. I am wondering if anyone on here also attended that and has had any results back yet?

Thank you for everyone's help.

Ley.
Received this today..Been torture but over the moon!!!! Took 17 working days.

*Congratulations! We are emailing to confirm that you have been successful in your application to become a Probation Services Officer (PSO). The standard of applications has been extremely high and you performed consistently well across all the competencies.

Your role as a Probation Services Officer will commence in November 2018* - with an induction phase that will include opportunities to shadow experienced staff.

*Next Steps:

Your details will now be passed on to our on-boarding and pre-employment team for vetting and security checks. This can be a lengthy process and your offer of employment is on condition that you fully cooperate with the vetting process and pass all of the required checks.

*Accepting Your Formal Offer

You will shortly receive an email from the on-boarding and pre-employment team. You will need to follow the instructions in this email to ensure you formally accept your conditional offer. Please remember to check your junk folder for the email.

Pre-Employment Checks

When instructed, you will be required to complete the online form and upload copies of your supporting evidence the documents that your brought to your Assessment Centre. The VCP that you met at your Assessment Centre has written the document reference numbers onto your Next Steps information sheet that will have been provided to you. Please ensure it is these documents and these only, that you upload to the online pre-employment form. It is vital that you upload a clear image of each document.

*You may have already received an email from our Occupational Health Service provider, OH Assist. Please remember to check your junk folder for this email.* This forms part of the pre-employment checks for successful candidates and must be completed right away.* Please be reassured that any information provided is confidential.

*The pre-employment checks are an important part of*
Original post by Monkey69

*Congratulations! We are emailing to confirm that you have been successful in your application to become a Probation Services Officer (PSO). The standard of applications has been extremely high and you performed consistently well across all the competencies.

Your role as a Probation Services Officer will commence in November 2018* - with an induction phase that will include opportunities to shadow experienced staff.

*Next Steps:

Your details will now be passed on to our on-boarding and pre-employment team for vetting and security checks. This can be a lengthy process and your offer of employment is on condition that you fully cooperate with the vetting process and pass all of the required checks.

You will shortly receive an email from the on-boarding and pre-employment team. You will need to follow the instructions in this email to ensure you formally accept your conditional offer. Please remember to check your junk folder for the email.

Pre-Employment Checks

When instructed, you will be required to complete the online form and upload copies of your supporting evidence the documents that your brought to your Assessment Centre. The VCP that you met at your Assessment Centre has written the document reference numbers onto your Next Steps information sheet that will have been provided to you. Please ensure it is these documents and these only, that you upload to the online pre-employment form. It is vital that you upload a clear image of each document.

*You may have already received an email from our Occupational Health Service provider, OH Assist. Please remember to check your junk folder for this email.* This forms part of the pre-employment checks for successful candidates and must be completed right away.* Please be reassured that any information provided is confidential.

Hi

Well done!!

Do you know what the pre employment health checks consist of? X
Original post by loopyley
Hi

Well done!!

Well from what I can gather from previous posts..nothing 2 intrusive ..asks if you have had more than 21 days sick ..but haven't had it yet.
Original post by loopyley
Hi

Well done!!

*Next Steps:

Pre-Employment Checks

Congratulations! May I ask when ur assessment day was and for what reigion?
Original post by tashapeak

Hi thankyou

27th June and South West and South Central.
Original post by tashapeak

Hi Tasha

How long did your vetting take ?or are u still going through it and has it been straighforward. Sent off the Pre-employment form yesterday. Still waiting for the OH assist email.
Well..just learn't where I'll be based.
Bournemouth - Approvd premises..which I didn't expect. I lived in bournemouth for a very short time 14 yrs ago and enjoyed it..Funny how life can come full circle.
Has anybody applied for the PQIP cohort 5? Any previous applicants that can tell me how the recruitment process is? I’ve waited so long for this!
Just got the OH assist questionnaire email. ( 5 days after)
Original post by Laurajaneyllb
Has anybody applied for the PQIP cohort 5? Any previous applicants that can tell me how the recruitment process is? I’ve waited so long for this!

It’s a very long process. So be patient. If you get to the assessment day, expect a long day!

No further advise apart from relax, take your time, & just be yourself! :-)

Also, the decision making assessment, I didn’t do that specific one but I did a Situational Judgement, & Competancy based tests. All I did was take my time & read the Qs before responding.

Hope that helps :-).
Well..just learn't where I'll be based.
Bournemouth - Approvd premises..which I didn't expect. I lived in bournemouth for a very short time 14 yrs ago and enjoyed it..Funny how life can come full circle.

U already know where u will b based. When did u find out u were successful. Is this for PSO cohort 4?
Hi Tasha

How long did your vetting take ?or are u still going through it and has it been straighforward. Sent off the Pre-employment form yesterday. Still waiting for the OH assist email.

Vetting took ages for some people but there’s no need to worry about how long it takes cos it takes ages to start the job anyway. I mean I found out I was successful in March and didn’t start until July! I also didn’t find out where I would b based u til early June. The process is long but is worth it. One thing I would say is if you are successful, bare in mind u may get offered a location that you didn’t pick due to now too many people applying for certain areas. In my intake, people were offered offices 140 miles away from their homes. Some chose to relocate and some had to decline and the fact that we found out locations so long after being successful was a real kick up the backside for some. I would say if u do get the congrats email, celebrate but be mindful that the recruitment process can b a bit of a shambles. I would PROPERLY celebrate when u know exactly what office you will be in. Good luck everyone!!!
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending