Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you think Theresa May has been a good or bad Prime Minister? Watch

• View Poll Results: How has Theresa May performed as PM?
    Very good
    9.15%
    Good
    13.33%
    OK
    32.16%
    Bad
    26.27%
    Very bad
    19.08%

ReputationRep:
    How do you think she has performed on the job so far?

ReputationRep:
    I think she has been an excellent Prime Minister so far. She is very well qualified, of good character, well-liked across the board by politicians, displomatic and the only person right now who can unite the country and provide stability. She knows what people want from Brexit and wants to deliver the best deal for Britain. I am very confident that she will win a landslide victory in the next General Election if Corbyn is still leader of the opposition.

ReputationRep:
    Very good, bit of a cuck at times but better than Commie Corbyn by a long way

ReputationRep:
    Awful decision to go for a hard Brexit. Though Boris Johnson or Michael Gove would have been worse as Prime Minister
    • Very Important Poster

Too early to tell. She hasnt had to do anything yet.

ReputationRep:
    Excellent, the best the country has had in a long time

ReputationRep:
    she hasn't faced much of an opposition in pmq's, corbyn thinks debating is 90% about facts and figures when it's actually 90% rhetoric

ReputationRep:
    I think she has done very well. Well educated, highly experienced, and despite personally favouring Remain she has got stuck in and tackled the organisation around Brexit as was demanded of her. She comes across as being a good, sensible pair of hands.

ReputationRep:
    I think she has done an awful job so far. Without having a reasonable mandate to do so, she is pushing for a extremely hard brexit. Leave may have won the vote but many of them didn't want to leave the single market, she is also forgetting the other 50% of the country didn't want to leave the EU at all, let alone the single market. If this was something that was clearly proposed before the EU referendum then it'd be understandable but simply it wasn't.

She claims she wants a Britain that 'works for everyone' but is yet to do one thing that moves towards that so called vision, in fact she's made more steps away from it. She has no answers, why are public services not receiving proper funding? Why are we trying to discourage and make it harder for foreign students to study in the UK despite the clear benefit to us? Why on earth do we want immigration down to an arbitrary number? Why is there still a housing crisis? Asked a single one of those questions and she'll totally dodge it or pretend they've dealt with the mentioned problem. I'd argue she has so far been a worse prime minister than David Cameron.

Being honest I struggle to understand what it is about Corbyn people are so against, it shocks me he is so far behind in the polls. I don't know how the next GE will go, I don't think simply because Corbyn isn't getting people's votes they're gonna vote conservative, I don't know what they'll do and I think that's very concerning.

ReputationRep:
    Too early to tell.

She is facing the most difficult challenges since Thatcher. If she deals well with them she will go down in history as a great PM like her, if not she will go down as one of the worst.

ReputationRep:
    Way too early to tell.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty bad PM, imo. Claims to represent 'working people' and pushing for the Brexit the people asked for, when the Leave Campaign was based upon the idea we would stay in the single market and simply reduce immigration, whereas she seems to be campaigning on the idea of the hardest possible Brexit possible for some reason. She has failed on the NHS too, preferring to attack Labour/Corbyn and deny pretty much any of the problems it is facing rather than actually do something to solve it.

Also, her cabinet are pretty poor with some strange ideas of how to deal with immigration, like barring child refugees entry to the country, or limiting student visas (who wants fewer students, who actually help the country, to come to the UK?)

ReputationRep:
    I want that "Hard Brexit" to have a great orgasm at the end!

ReputationRep:
    Other than floundering over Brexit, she hasn't really done much. She hasn't faced any major challenge and has the bonus of facing an impotent opposition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Percypig17)
    Pretty bad PM, imo. Claims to represent 'working people' and pushing for the Brexit the people asked for, when the Leave Campaign was based upon the idea we would stay in the single market and simply reduce immigration, whereas she seems to be campaigning on the idea of the hardest possible Brexit possible for some reason. She has failed on the NHS too, preferring to attack Labour/Corbyn and deny pretty much any of the problems it is facing rather than actually do something to solve it.

Also, her cabinet are pretty poor with some strange ideas of how to deal with immigration, like barring child refugees entry to the country, or limiting student visas (who wants fewer students, who actually help the country, to come to the UK?)
    The Leave campaign was very clear: Leave EU and leave single market.

I'm sick and tired of hearing Remainers claim it was never in the agreement to leave the single market, when it was.

Those 'working people' you talk about also knew we'd leave the single market, and definitely want(ed) to leave it.

It was not just a question of reducing immigration, it was controlling it.

In reference to foreign students coming to the UK, a lot just come here for the education and then leave to work abroad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Awful decision to go for a hard Brexit. Though Boris Johnson or Michael Gove would have been worse as Prime Minister
    A soft brexit makes no sense, waste of time and resources.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Was it?

Would you rather be caught in a limbo?

She's working towards a Brexit all Brexiteers wanted: out of the EU and out of the single market.

The fact that she wants a hard Brexit makes her a very good and capable leader.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    The Leave campaign was very clear: Leave EU and leave single market.

I'm sick and tired of hearing Remainers claim it was never in the agreement to leave the single market, when it was.

Those 'working people' you talk about also knew we'd leave the single market, and definitely want(ed) to leave it.

It was not just a question of reducing immigration, it was controlling it.

In reference to foreign students coming to the UK, a lot just come here for the education and then leave to work abroad.
    I think they get confused between being in the single market and having access to the single market, Leave said we could retain access and Theresa is pursing that through a FTA and such

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    I think they get confused between being in the single market and having access to the single market, Leave said we could retain access and Theresa is pursing that through a FTA and such
    Little do they (the EU) know: they need us more than we need them. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    Little do they (the EU) know: they need us more than we need them. :lol:
    I agree with this but that doesnt mean we can go on without them, so there's some leverage but it can't be a "give us what we want or your doomed" because we'd also be doomed...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.