Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should the EU fade and die. Watch

ReputationRep:
    The EU has caused untold misery to the citizens of: Ireland, Greece, Portugal, Italy, France and the UK. Should it die? I think it should.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...tle-for-europe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedManc)
    The EU has caused untold misery to the citizens of: Ireland, Greece, Portugal, Italy, France and the UK.
    Such as???

Should it die? I think it should.
    No, but it has to purged of its 'progressive' elements but do to must all western governments. The institutions are generally perfectly serviceable it's the lack of political will and weaned if political leaders.

Hopefully a new generation of continental leaders not shamed by the past will lead Europe to greatness but if they fail then the European project will and indeed should crumble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    Such as???

No, but it has to purged of its 'progressive' elements but do to must all western governments. The institutions are generally perfectly serviceable it's the lack of political will and weaned if political leaders.

Hopefully a new generation of continental leaders not shamed by the past will lead Europe to greatness but if they fail then the European project will and indeed should crumble.
    The documentary gives the examples

ReputationRep:
    Such as???

btw , I supported leave but davij038 has outclassed you. Saying watch the documentary is not a valid argument

ReputationRep:
    The EU has caused untold misery to the citizens of: Ireland, Greece, Portugal, Italy, France and the UK. Should it die? I think it should.

The euro gave misery to greece , not the EU, they are different....
    • Very Important Poster

Well little Sheffielder, it wont be any of your concern soon. Maybe leave it up to the remaining members of the EU. I note that McClaren have just announced they are lopening a factory in Sheffield, great news. I wonder where some of the grants to fund the AMRC came from, sounds like torture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleky6910)
    Again I disagree. Leaving the euro is not a panacea and would have caused huge economic problems. Greece has been mismanaged sure- but their own governments are far more to blame than the troika as bad as they are.

ReputationRep:
    Again I disagree. Leaving the euro is not a panacea and would have caused huge economic problems. Greece has been mismanaged sure- but their own governments are far more to blame than the troika as bad as they are.
    They shouldn't have joined in the first place, their government was awful to be fair

ReputationRep:
    I'm not watching an hour long documentary.

To expand on my earlier points- the EU isn't the problem it's 'progressive' politics which often uses the EU as a cloaking device- but the EU isn't the problem as evidence by the problem being throughout the western world.

ReputationRep:
    No thanks. I want the EU to be successful. The problem is that it won't realise that times have changed and increasingly its member-states are not quite so amenable to being led around. I think in particular that Juncker is a malign influence on the EU and that his Commission really should be held to account for the abominable way they behaved during the UK's referendum process.

More than anyone - David Cameron, Jeremy Corbyn, Nigel Farage or whatever - the Commission is to blame for that result. Juncker should've resigned in disgrace.

ReputationRep:
    They shouldn't have joined in the first place, their government was awful to be fair
    I have seen no evidence that Greece would have done any better ( in fact they'd probably have done worse) if they'd not joined the EU.

ReputationRep:
    I have seen no evidence that Greece would have done any better ( in fact they'd probably have done worse) if they'd not joined the EU.
    I said the euro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    No thanks. I want the EU to be successful. The problem is that it won't realise that times have changed and increasingly its member-states are not quite so amenable to being led around. I think in particular that Juncker is a malign influence on the EU and that his Commission really should be held to account for the abominable way they behaved during the UK's referendum process.

More than anyone - David Cameron, Jeremy Corbyn, Nigel Farage or whatever - the Commission is to blame for that result. Juncker should've resigned in disgrace.
    What in particular did Juncker do wrong?

ReputationRep:
    I said the euro
    My point still stands

Edit: I pretty much agree with the people bits made here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16314294

ReputationRep:
    I think it just needs heavy reform, the main one being freedom of movement. They need to stop acting like a federal government and act more like an international organisation if they want to survive, I think the UK should leave but I think the EU should remain together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Well little Sheffielder, it wont be any of your concern soon. Maybe leave it up to the remaining members of the EU. I note that McClaren have just announced they are lopening a factory in Sheffield, great news. I wonder where some of the grants to fund the AMRC came from, sounds like torture.
    I am a little Sheffielder and proud
    • Very Important Poster

I am a little Sheffielder and proud
    Sometimes you overdo it and it is counterproductive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Sometimes you overdo it and it is counterproductive.
    Have you been spying on my thread. I challenge thee to a duel
    Spoiler:
    Show

Its a joke

ReputationRep:
    and Italy

ReputationRep:
    yes

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.