Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    This post might be in the wrong place. Sorry about this, I'm unsure of where to put it up.
    There's a professor in the University of Manchester who's working in an area I'm interested in. It's about poetry in translation in the UK. I'd love to be a part of this project.
    I'm currently in my second year of university. I'm doing an interdisciplinary humanities course in India. As a result, I don't possess an in-depth knowledge of too much poetry, but I don't mind the extra work.
    Does anyone know the right way to go about initiating contact? Do I contact the university/ professor off my own bat? Is that acceptable? Or do I have to go via my university and official channels?
    Secondly, what type of work can I give as samples?

    Thank you in advance
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.