Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What is the best student accommodation for someone who does not want to live at bay campus but will go there for lectures and at most 85 pounds?I want to be closer to town and around first years.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi vinchy,

Hendrefoelan Student Village is the budget option for University residences at Swansea at £89 per week for the 2017/18 academic year.
    The majority of the residents there are first years and there is a frequent and direct bus service that takes you to Singleton Park Campus, the city centre and Bay Campus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swansea University Residential Services)
    Hi vinchy,

Hendrefoelan Student Villajge is the budget option for University residences at Swansea at £89 per week for the 2017/18 academic year.
    The majority of the residents there are first years and there is a frequent and direct bus service that takes you to Singleton Park Campus, the city centre and Bay Campus.
    How long is it from village to bay campus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vinchy)
    How long is it from village to bay campus?
    It's about a 40-50 minute bus journey from Student Village to the Bay Campus.
    The bus goes through the city centre and picks up more students along the way.

For students studying on Bay Campus, it's definitely most convenient to live on the Bay - but the cost would be more than £85 per week.
    If you need to stick to a budget, then the cheapest accommodation is at Student Village but there is the distance you have to travel by bus.

You could think about living in the private sector in nearby areas like St. Thomas, Port Tennant and City Centre/Sandfields. Brynmill is also a popular choice.
    The cost of living in a student house would be around £85 per week with bills included.

ReputationRep:
    What is the best student accommodation for someone who does not want to live at bay campus but will go there for lectures and at most 85 pounds?I want to be closer to town and around first years.
    it might be worth you looking into gloucester student properties. they have a private hall very near the centre of town at the price you are looking for. You will need to factor in the cost of a bus to the Bay campus about £300 per year

ReputationRep:
    Hi vinchy,

Hope you don’t mind me jumping in here.

You might want to take a look at St Davids student accommodation. We are ideally situated on a direct bus route to the Bay Campus and we're only a short 5-10 minute walk from the city centre. We've got lots of first years staying with us, and our online booking system lets you see who else is a first year so you can choose to get booked in with first years.

All our apartments are modern and all bills and WiFi are included with your rent. You will also have access to the great social space in the building which has a flat screen TV and a pool table making it a great place to catch up with friends or meet new ones at our exciting social events. We’ve also got a brand new gym for 2017 which will be free to use for all St Davids residents!

If you’re interested, check out our website: http://freshstudentliving.co.uk/loca...avids-swansea/

If you would like to arrange to come and visit our show flat you can either call us on 01792 341 640 or email us at [email protected] k.

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks,
    Jayne @ St Davids

ReputationRep:
    I have an amazing shared property are £97 a week.
    i am opposite wind street, therefore have never had to spend money on a taxi.
    its on the marina of swansea so v posh!
    97 is all bills, including wifi.. looking for someone to take over my tenancy agreement for next year.
    double room, living with 50 odd others.

ReputationRep:
    I have an amazing shared property are £97 a week. i am opposite wind street, therefore have never had to spend money on a taxi. its on the marina of swansea so v posh! 97 is all bills, including wifi.. looking for someone to take over my tenancy agreement for next year. double room, living with 50 odd others. please pm for more info

its called gloucester chambers x

ReputationRep:
    I have read that Hendrefoelan Village is being redeveloped and private houses are being built. How has this affected the quality of services and the atmosphere in the village?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacqui.owen)
    I have read that Hendrefoelan Village is being redeveloped and private houses are being built. How has this affected the quality of services and the atmosphere in the village?
    Hi Jacqui,

As you said, a part of the Student Village is being turned into new housing development, as shown on this map: http://www.swansea.ac.uk/media/HSV%20Map.pdf

The Village remains as our most lively and sociable site with still more than 1000 residents. The Students' Union pub (The Wonky Sheep), the Spar convenience shop, the launderette, the barbecue areas in Woodside, the bike shelters, the court and the bus stops on site all remain in service.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swansea University Residential Services)
    Hi Jacqui,

As you said, a part of the Student Village is being turned into new housing development, as shown on this map: http://www.swansea.ac.uk/media/HSV%20MAP.pdf

The Village remains as our most lively and sociable site with still more than 1000 residents. The Students' Union pub (The Wonky Sheep), the Spar convenience shop, the launderette, the barbecue areas in Woodside, the bike shelters, the court and the bus stops on site all remain in service.

Hi, I'm still waiting to hear back from Swansea accommodation, is the student village still available?

ReputationRep:
    I have a bronze room available in St Davids. Has an en-suite in a shared flat with 4 others. £130 a week for 44 weeks. I just need some one to take over my tenancy as I have other plans
    More info can be found on the St Davids website under freshstudentliving. co. uk.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.