Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahmzo)
    How many forms do you have?
    What you making, I just finished documentation *phew*

ReputationRep:
    How many forms do you have?
    Two for the main section, one for creating Personal tasks and one for creating company tasks. But there are more for creating accounts and joining A company group in the login section.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UkFeneley)
    Two for the main section, one for creating Personal tasks and one for creating company tasks. But there are more for creating accounts and joining A company group in the login section.
    How long have you been working on your project? Do you have plans to release it after your project?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luciferhf)
    5754 lines of code total xd

What is your project?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthewhoare)
    What is your project?
    Real-time multiplayer Chess game w/Glicko-2 Elo Ranking system + Training feature w/AI

How about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Mine is completely screwed, tried doing a maze game in pygame for my project and I'm only at 200 lines. Every time I run into a issue I spend a week trying to fix it or I have to ask for my teacher's help. I barely even do any coding as I just keep on getting stuck on everything I try to do.

ReputationRep:
    Real-time multiplayer Chess game w/Glicko-2 Elo Ranking system + Training feature w/AI

How about yourself?
    A booking and automation system for a video business. Came in at 14.5K lines

ReputationRep:
    A booking and automation system for a video business. Came in at 14.5K lines
    I highly doubt you did 14500 lines of code. That's like 300 pages just of code.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    depends on the language, my whole thing was 348

ReputationRep:
    depends on the language, my whole thing was 348
    I used C# my total project came to around 220 pages

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    meh i am at 7000, doing it in java and am not nearly finished at all. i reckon i will surpass 10k too, not a big deal. most of the code is not really impressive tbh, so i dont think i'll have 200 pages of code on the documentation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peterxz)
    meh i am at 7000, doing it in java and am not nearly finished at all. i reckon i will surpass 10k too, not a big deal. most of the code is not really impressive tbh, so i dont think i'll have 200 pages of code on the documentation
    Okay

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    God's honest truth my code came out at 14.5K lines, once printed the code was about 350 pages (because didn't merge into all one file to print)

Total project was about 550 pages.

ReputationRep:
    God's honest truth my code came out at 14.5K lines, once printed the code was about 350 pages (because didn't merge into all one file to print)

Total project was about 550 pages.
    Hows Paper 1+2 revision going

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you think we can all agree there wont be any recursive dry run? Looking at the electronic answer document i dont see a place where there is usually a grid for a dry run..... I maybe wrong...
    You have access to the Answer Document? If so where??

ReputationRep:
    You have access to the Answer Document? If so where??
    Teachers have access to them. We used it as part of our mock to get to grips with pasting correctly inside it. Last year i messed up pasting wrong things places where they shouldnt be lol

ReputationRep:
    How has everyone studied/revisied for Big Data? I feel as though the book is so vague and i don't know what else they could ask.

ReputationRep:
    How has everyone studied/revisied for Big Data? I feel as though the book is so vague and i don't know what else they could ask.
    Here are some questions they could ask:

1) What is Big Data and describe the 3 aspects that make it difficult to process.
    2) What features of functional programming make it useful when analysing Big Data
    3) State the difference between a Fact-based model and Graph Schema when recording relationships in Big Data
    4) Why is a relational database not useful to store relationships in Big Data
    5) Describe an example of where Big Data is useful in modern society

Personally, I think that they will stay away from the examples given in the book, they may provide something like a case study in the paper and ask you to describe how Big Data may be useful to that scenario. On the other hand, they may link it to functional programming and ask you to describe how functional programming is useful in Big Data analysis. I think the latter is more likely as it allows them to link two new areas together into a single question.

They may also ask you to complete a graph schema based on some information provided in the paper. (There is an example of this in the textbook on page 379 of the textbook by RM Heathcote & RSU Heathcote)

Despite all of that, they may not ask a question on it at all. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vanguardsean)
    Here are some questions they could ask:

1) What is Big Data and describe the 3 aspects that make it difficult to process.
    2) What features of functional programming make it useful when analysing Big Data
    3) State the difference between a Fact-based model and Graph Schema when recording relationships in Big Data
    4) Why is a relational database not useful to store relationships in Big Data
    5) Describe an example of where Big Data is useful in modern society

Personally, I think that they will stay away from the examples given in the book, they may provide something like a case study in the paper and ask you to describe how Big Data may be useful to that scenario. On the other hand, they may link it to functional programming and ask you to describe how functional programming is useful in Big Data analysis. I think the latter is more likely as it allows them to link two new areas together into a single question.

They may also ask you to complete a graph schema based on some information provided in the paper. (There is an example of this in the textbook on page 379 of the textbook by RM Heathcote & RSU Heathcote)

Despite all of that, they may not ask a question on it at all. :dontknow:
    Cool, thanks! Yeah i mean there are alot of nitty gritty things on the spec. I hope we get a question on networking as a 12 marker, that would be great xD

How is your paper 1+2 revision going?

ReputationRep:
    Cool, thanks! Yeah i mean there are alot of nitty gritty things on the spec. I hope we get a question on networking as a 12 marker, that would be great xD

How is your paper 1+2 revision going?
    For paper 1, I am just practising the programming tasks that could come up. I dont think it will be too hard (at least I hope not).

For paper 2, there aren't many practise questions/papers out so I am just trying to learn the theory as thoroughly as I can.

Also, I have been going over last years work as that will be in this years exam as well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.