Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zentox)
    I've no clue how my teacher marked then. Moderation will be pleasant for them lol
    i got 50/75 - what grade is that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 105)
    i got 50/75 - what grade is that?
    You should not know your grade as all projects are yet to be moderated and it's quite likely a large number of projects will have adjusted marks.

50/75 is likely C grade atm but it is pretty difficult to indicate a grade that's not in the 90+ percentages right now.

Standards do seem quite high though.

ReputationRep:
    I got 68/75, im not even bothered about the grade, its all about ums anyways.
    i feel like my classmate is gonna be hurt by moderation quite badly and i am praying that it isnt going to affect my score

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peterxz)
    I got 68/75, im not even bothered about the grade, its all about ums anyways.
    i feel like my classmate is gonna be hurt by moderation quite badly and i am praying that it isnt going to affect my score
    lol "UMS". That was funny.

ReputationRep:
    how was it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peterxz)
    how was it?
    There is no UMS anymore (For the linear qualifications starting from 2015). Everything is Raw marked based.

ReputationRep:
    I got 33/75 and I'm predicted a C. How screwed am I? If 50/75 is a C grade then I am totally screwed. x_x

ReputationRep:
    60+/75 on the project. that's 80% so it's hard to believe that's a C

regardless the subject is unreasonable-- any students thinking of taking it for a level be warned, it is not worth

ReputationRep:
    what are you on about? 60 or 62 is already an A and 68+ is A* usually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by someonesanon)
    I got 33/75 and I'm predicted a C. How screwed am I? If 50/75 is a C grade then I am totally screwed. x_x
    Your gonna have to score quite highly in the Paper 1 & 2 now to bring yourself back up to a C. Still more than possible to get an A though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by someonesanon)
    The NEA is only 20% of your final grade, if you do well on Paper 1 and Paper 2, it will overshadow the coursework mark.

ReputationRep:
    I believe that some of you may have gone a bit overboard with your projects. 200+ pages isn't necessarily required to get A/A*. The assessment guide and example project(w/ commentary) have always been available on the AQA resources page for 751(6/7). While there should be a minimum quantity of work as long as you can read the assessment guide and relate your project to what they have asked to a high standard you should be good. Don't forget that techniques deemed beyond A-Level are dismissed. Projects of A-Level standard could be a supermarket product recommendation or an advanced quiz with topics testing specimen knowledge. Personally I found this page to be of more use than the assessment guide as it defines the mark 'bands'.

For those really worried about quantity, last year the project was more documentation based with much less marks coming from the technical solution. These page counts belong to projects which achieved an A*: 175, 166, 194. Saying Quality over Quantity wouldn't exactly be true here but it has merit.

As previously mentioned it only has a 20% contribution to your final grade, you could get a C in your project and still come out with an A* in the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashmcm)
    I believe that some of you may have gone a bit overboard with your projects. 200+ pages isn't necessarily required to get A/A*. The assessment guide and example project(w/ commentary) have always been available on the AQA resources page for 751(6/7). While there should be a minimum quantity of work as long as you can read the assessment guide and relate your project to what they have asked to a high standard you should be good. Don't forget that techniques deemed beyond A-Level are dismissed. Projects of A-Level standard could be a supermarket product recommendation or an advanced quiz with topics testing specimen knowledge. Personally I found this page to be of more use than the assessment guide as it defines the mark 'bands'.

For those really worried about quantity, last year the project was more documentation based with much less marks coming from the technical solution. These page counts belong to projects which achieved an A*: 175, 166, 194. Saying Quality over Quantity wouldn't exactly be true here but it has merit.

As previously mentioned it only has a 20% contribution to your final grade, you could get a C in your project and still come out with an A* in the end.
    I agree, some people have definitely done too much. It will be interesting to see the grade boundaries and especially the examiners report.

ReputationRep:

I'm not really sure if you realized. But the "exemplar NEA" was like D grade work. It was utter shite.

Also, the large majority of us created our NEA's using the guides and the mark scheme. If you carefully read the mark scheme and the guide, there are very specific things you must do in order to achieve full marks.

So if you had an extremely complex project, you had to complete those elements regardless of the length it ended up making your project.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luciferhf)
    I'm not really sure if you realized. But the "exemplar NEA" was like D grade work. It was utter shite.

Also, the large majority of us created our NEA's using the guides and the mark scheme. If you carefully read the mark scheme and the guide, there are very specific things you must do in order to achieve full marks.

So if you had an extremely complex project, you had to complete those elements regardless of the length it ended up making your project.
    Indeed, that was why I left the comment of their being commentary which was very useful.

Sorry I think I failed to portray my original point because that's what I was trying to say as well. While there is a minimum quantity of work for one's project to include the correct sections, from there over-extending areas to make it longer isn't necessary if you've satisfied the projects requirements. I'm just saying that you can reach those top mark bands without using 200+ pages.

There isn't anything wrong with people doing big projects, it's a good time to create a staple piece of advanced programming which you can use to advertise your abilities. I just don't want others on here thinking they'll get low grades just because they haven't done colossal projects.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, that was why I left the comment of their being commentary which was very useful.

Sorry I think I failed to portray my original point because that's what I was trying to say as well. While there is a minimum quantity of work for one's project to include the correct sections, from there over-extending areas to make it longer isn't necessary if you've satisfied the projects requirements. I'm just saying that you can reach those top mark bands without using 200+ pages.

There isn't anything wrong with people doing big projects, it's a good time to create a staple piece of advanced programming which you can use to advertise your abilities. I just don't want others on here thinking they'll get low grades just because they haven't done colossal projects.
    You can indeed do a 100 page project and get full marks using the requirements. It's just quite difficult to build a complex client-server model alongside their programming requirements and documentation for a smaller project.

But, I strongly believe that a lot of people will get low grades because they underestimated the requirements for this project.

ReputationRep:
    If I scored 50 for coursework, is it possible to work out how many marks I need in paper 1 and paper 2 for a B grade? Or is it too soon? And also when will we know when the coursework has been moderated?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KCL Offer)
    If I scored 50 for coursework, is it possible to work out how many marks I need in paper 1 and paper 2 for a B grade? Or is it too soon? And also when will we know when the coursework has been moderated?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For AQA the weighting is:
    - NEA 20%
    - Paper 1 40%
    - Paper 2 40%

Your marks in Papers 1 & 2 are scaled by 1.5 and then the NEA mark is added for a final mark out of 375. In other words you could still get 350 which would be an A*, not the end of the world at all lol. I reckon a B would probably be about 260/375 so if you got 71 marks in each paper I believe that would achieve you a B. Take all of that with a grain of salt because the grade boundary prediction of 260 is pure speculation.

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone finding the new spec? Do u feel like your prepared or are u scared like I am?

I'm ******** my pants about paper 1 and even though I got 50/75 I am scared **** less. I am uncertain what I will get considering I got an E grade for the AS...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys think moderators have finished moderatng our coursework yet?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.